Strange voice-change in A Victim of Circumstance

anyone else notice this

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Ferder
Pilgrim

Strange voice-change in A Victim of Circumstance

Post by Ferder »

Half way through "A Victim of Circumstance" (after the second ad break I think) Weizel sounds quite a bit different than he does in the first half. He sounds goofier, as though he is exagerating the character's voice. I looked him up on Shadowpaw's handy database and only Steve Bridge's is listed, so i guess that there wasn't an actor switch. So why would he have recorded the voice two different ways?
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

Can't say I've ever really noticed a difference.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

I thought that I was the only one who ever noticed that.........

Ya, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I've always wondered why his voice changed.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Hmm...can't say that I ever noticed that, but I haven't listened to that episode in forever! I need to listen to that one again...it's a great one! \:D/

However, I noticed something similar in Green Eyes and Yellow Tulips. In the scene where Mitch is introduced and helps Connie move boxes, toward the end of the scene, his voice changes. It sounds like a completely different actor. That scene has bugged me every time since I first heard it... :?
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Yea, they changed actors. There was an original Mitch who did not work out. And Steve Burns was in studio doing Rodney, and so he used his normal voice to become Mitch.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I noticed the Mitch change, but not the Weizel change.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

I didn't notice either one.
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Kris Doyle wrote:I didn't notice either one.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is apparently unobservant! ;)
rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

Speaking of Weizel, there was an episode of Disney's Tale Spin (which was made before the AIO episode) that also had a character called Weizel, and also had the other characters saying his name wrong then he would say "It's weizel! It's french!" (I'm guessing that an AIO writter must have saw that episode and borrowed the joke.)
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

i never noticed it
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

rickyderocher wrote:Speaking of Weizel, there was an episode of Disney's Tale Spin (which was made before the AIO episode) that also had a character called Weizel, and also had the other characters saying his name wrong then he would say "It's weizel! It's french!" (I'm guessing that an AIO writter must have saw that episode and borrowed the joke.)
There's a pretty good chance it was the same person
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

I listened to it and notice a tiny change...not much
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Well, I decided to listen to this episode again a couple weeks ago...both to listen for the voice change and because it's a great episode that I hadn't heard in a long time! So, I popped the cassette into my tape player, pressed play....and the player ate the tape. Not only is this (surprisingly) the first time I'd ever lost an AIO tape to such problems, but it's also one of my favorite three-parters. :waaah:

:offtopic: Sorry. Resume conversation.
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

There is one episode where Mitch's voice totally changes and it is in the same scene! I'm serious. I wish I could remember which one.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Pepper Doyle wrote:There is one episode where Mitch's voice totally changes and it is in the same scene! I'm serious. I wish I could remember which one.
Probably "Green Eyes, Yellow Tulips" - I think there's been a thread about how they originally recorded the ep with one guy as Mitch, then changed their mind and used Steve Burns, and then got some stuff mixed up for the final episode. Or something like that, anyway. ;)

Applesauce, I'm sorry about your tape. :( It's always sad when a tape dies. :(
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

I was just going to start a topic about how Mitchs voice sounded different. I think its really strange

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Several of my tapes have been eaten, I know how you feel :waaah: another excuse to get 'em on CDs, lol

:offtopic2:

ahem, back to the subject at hand. i never noticed the voice change in either episode. i'll have to re-listen to those episodes but hey, no chore there :D