Stomach Flu Appreciation Thread

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Do you love getting the flu?

Oh yeah, it's great!
17%
Umm, no, not particularly.
63%
I've never had the flu...
5%
I don't think the flu exists.
15%

Total votes: 41

AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Frank wrote:Flu = not good.
Sorry to dissapoint some of those who love having the flu, but I hate it.
Had some sort of flu a couple of weeks ago...it was awful. Seemed like a whole bunch of people around my church got it too. Waaaah.
Haven't had the stomach flu in a long time, (thank goodness.) last time I had it so bad that I lived on one Saltine cracker and three tablespoons of water three times a day for a week. Was not fun, believe me.
Lose any wieght!?!
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Congratulations, Top!
I hope you have a great time having the flu!
I know I do! (When I didn't have other plans for a week...)
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

*revives dead topic to say this*

*puke*
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

*sings* Puuuuuke is a many splendored thing!!! \:D/
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Flu= :sick:
My family used to get sick with the stomach flu every year at Christmas time when we went out to Indiana to visit my grandparents.
Last March, my family got sick with the stomach flu, and I got a touch of it. I re-learned really fast how much I don't like the stomach flu. :(
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I absolutely always have either a scratchy, hacking, uncontrollable cough or a bad case of the stomach flu on Christmas and my birthday.

I'm really hoping I don't get sick too much at college, because I have to share a public bathroom with stalls with everyone on my floor. Throwing up/getting diarrhea is bad enough when you have adequate privacy. :-( I throw up so rarely that I feel like I surely must be about to die when I actually do. Although I've done it maybe twice within the past month, and I've come very, very close many times.
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

hey! sounds like me! whenever we plan to go on a trip someplace I always get sick with something. and on Christmas I had, I don't know, probably bronchitis ( very bad cough and I couldn't take a deep breath or talk without coughing) and then I got this new kind of flu called the Californian flu and had to stay in bed for 4 or 5 days and couldn't eat anything but saltine crakers and gatorade for one day then I could have broth and we just went up the list until I could eat fully again.
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Eeyore wrote:*revives dead topic to say this*

*puke*
I hope you're feeling better today. Having the flu is no fun. :noway:

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Aelwyn
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Aelwyn »

Mountain Girl wrote:hey! sounds like me! whenever we plan to go on a trip someplace I always get sick with something.
The weird thing is that for the past several years, my family hadn't gotten sick at Christmas time! Then last year, all of my siblings (which is only 3 :p ) and I ended up getting really bad colds, and we ended up leaving early. :(
Kanimoto
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Kanimoto »

I haven't gotten sick in a while, but I still believe any kind of flu is bad. :noway:
In the darkness, the Lurker frantically tries to figure out what is going on.