Old characters

which ones would you bring back?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
toby_newsboys_pod2
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by toby_newsboys_pod2 »

Maxwell, Regis Blackgaard(he some how didnt die at the end of DBD), Dale Jacobs, Robin, The Barclays, Billy Mcpreason(sp?)
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

toby_newsboys_pod2 wrote:Maxwell, Regis Blackgaard(he some how didnt die at the end of DBD), Dale Jacobs, Robin, The Barclays, Billy Mcpreason(sp?)

YES!!! YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!!!! ;-)

I would really, really like for the AIO team to use my character (Rachael Blackgaard) in an ep sometime, even if they acted like Dr. Blackgaard was dead. Of course, if the end included:

[Sound of cell phone numbers being punched; faint ringing]

Very faint, almost unintelligible Regis: Did you do it?

Rachel: Yes. I fed him the story about being widowed, just as we planned. He never suspected a thing.

Regis: Good. Now meet me in Italy-- I think you deserve some time off.

... then I would be even more delighted. But hey, if they didn't, I could write that!

Also, I think Rachael's going to Odyssey would be a good way for the writers to explore Regis's past a bit. I.E.:

Rachael: Regis and I had only been married for a few months when he... when the accident happened. In fact, it was the day after his funeral was held that I discovered I was pregnant. (NOTE: She'd have to be lying here, because she didn't meet Regis until several years after the explosion) But I've been going over some of his journals from when he was a child, and it's been so interesting...

[go into story about his childhood]

***Wait a second-- I could write that!

*skips of to write fanfic*
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

YES!

(Haha.)

Regis couldn't have died! I don't know how, but ...he couldn't have. :( He was the best diabolical figure out there. With Mr. Charles coming close behind him. ;)

[offtopic] However, Rach, I write non-canon-fanfics for AIO. Like, the Blackgaard Clan. Which is so non-canon. :([/offtopicness]
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

canon? :-s How can there be canon about Regis Blackgaard? Unless I missed a major episode, they never addressed him having a wife or anything... So even though Rachael's really THE one for Regis, R/R shipping/Kitten-shipping (Regis/Rachael) is still Fanon-shipping... it even falls into the same category as Temper-shipping (Connie/Regis) and Spy-shipping (Jennifer/Regis). :-/

*Is proud to have created all those lovely ships*
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Ships?

*cough*I must have never regained my mind after I let it wander*cough*

I'm just saying, I don't write about canon characters (unless Edwin and Shakespeare's cameo appearances count), or Regis, unless I need to. (I leave Regis-writing up to you. ;) )

Anyway, Regis isn't dead, that's what I declare to my family. :yes:
they may be copper,
they might be giants.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Oh... sorry, Sarai, when you started talking about canon I thought you were talking about shipping... especially when you brought up the Blackgaard Clan, because I know we had talked about inter-Clan romances and whatnot. :anxious: Never mind...

But Kitten-shipping is still by far the only reall ship out there! ;-) Spy-shipping is cool, but JD would never agree to it (unless she got to make me kill Regis again), and while Temper-shipping is very interesting and probably should have been a canon ship (at least for a while), it's just not going to happen. :-)
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

*eyes flicker* Ah yes, romances.

Let's just say, romances in inter-clan relationships may not be the best to bring about clan unity. As Sonuna would say... well, I'm not sure that would be the best to quote. :p

*Jedi hand movement* You do not want inter-clan romance.

*does it again*

Rats... it only works on the weak-minded. :(

*bumps the thread back on topic and apologizes for putting it offtopic*
they may be copper,
they might be giants.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

I do not want inter-clan romances...

;-)
Elgian
Fourscore and seven

Post by Elgian »

I just remembered, I'd like Peter Bourland back, too. :D
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Oh, yeah! Peter Bourland! They should bring the whole family back while they're at it...I'd like to hear more about them. Of course, the reason they haven't brought him back is probably because they're not ready to bring Mitch back yet (and they'd have to at least talk about him if Peter was on a show). Speaking of which, hasn't it been over two (real) years since Mitch moved to Budapest?
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Elgian
Fourscore and seven

Post by Elgian »

I think the writers are afraid to touch Mitch right now since there's such a diverse fan reaction to him.

But you are right, he'd at least have to be mentioned if the Bourland family returned for an episode or two. However, since they live in DC, I don't forsee the Bourlands making an appearance any time soon.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Rachael wrote:I would really, really like for the AIO team to use my character (Rachael Blackgaard) in an ep sometime, even if they acted like Dr. Blackgaard was dead.
I think maybe they should make a video/DVD about Dr. Blackgaard! That way, fans who believe he's dead could assume that it happened before DBD or that it's in an alternate AIO reality. His schemes should be thwarted by the gang from Whit's End, of course, but at the end he could write a letter claiming...
  • Regis: You haven't seen the last of me, foolish Odysseyans! I'm not leaving because you've beaten me. Blackgaards are never beaten! But as much as I would love to settle permanently in this town, I really must get home to my beloved Rachael.
Then when our friends read the letter....
  • Connie: Who in the world is Rachael?

[Others express confusion.]

Whit: I don't know for sure, but [pause, then sadly] she could be his wife.

Random Kid: Aw, you don't think anyone would be dumb enough to marry Dr. Blackgaard!

Whit: Now, [insert Random Kid's name], you have to remember evil is very deceptive. It tries to look good on the outside and draw people in. That's why God tells us in I John to try the spirits. Sometimes even the smartest people are tricked by evil.

Eugene: [soberly] Indeed! Mere intelligence is no substitute for wisdom.
Then Eugene starts talking about something dumb he once did, then trips over a cord or does something else dumb or clumsy as he's trying to tell what happened. End of film. Roll credits.

That way, Regis could be included and Rachael could at least be mentioned. :D
Rachael wrote: Also, I think Rachael's going to Odyssey would be a good way for the writers to explore Regis's past a bit.
Agreed. :yes: That would be so cool! \:D/

--Kris Doyle
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Rachael wrote:
toby_newsboys_pod2 wrote:Maxwell, Regis Blackgaard(he some how didnt die at the end of DBD), Dale Jacobs, Robin, The Barclays, Billy Mcpreason(sp?)

YES!!! YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!!!! ;-)
Why didn't you ever say that about me? :cry:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

*shrugs* You rock too, I guess.

And Kris: NO!!! Dr. Blackgaard would look nothing like himself in a video. :noway:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Rachael wrote:*shrugs* You rock too, I guess.
vs.
Rachael wrote:YES!!! YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!!!!
The winner? Number 2. :devil:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Kris Doyle
Still standing tall

Post by Kris Doyle »

Rachael wrote:*shrugs* You rock too, I guess.

And Kris: NO!!! Dr. Blackgaard would look nothing like himself in a video. :noway:
I definitely don't like the videos nearly as well as the radio program, of course. Radio would be ideal, except that I think a lot of listeners would dislike bringing back a supposedly dead character. That's the main (more like the only) reason I suggested video. But maybe people would be more open to hearing about Dr. Blackgaard again in the audio series if several eps leading up to his reappearance involved strange clues that suggested he might be alive. The characters could be superskeptical (even downright unbelieving) at first, but then they could begin to wonder as they found more evidence. That way, maybe some listeners' curiousity about whether he survived would start outweighing their apprehensions about bringing him back.

I think if the writers ever bring him back, they'll have to be careful to emphasize that Dr. Blackgaard is not invincible, that the pursuit of evil still leads to death, and that he will still die without God someday if he doesn't get saved first. Otherwise, bringing him back might weaken or even (with some listeners) negate the lesson of "The Final Conflict."

I also think that they shouldn't try to kill him off again if they bring him back, because then people might clamor for the writers to bring him back yet again, causing people to take his death (and the lesson it would teach) less seriously.

--Kris Doyle
God bless you, in Jesus' name!!!! :D
"Then Peter said unto them, 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.'" (Acts 2:38)
Visit the website of my home church: http://www.freshanointingupc.org
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Elgian wrote:I think the writers are afraid to touch Mitch right now since there's such a diverse fan reaction to him.

But you are right, he'd at least have to be mentioned if the Bourland family returned for an episode or two. However, since they live in DC, I don't forsee the Bourlands making an appearance any time soon.
What kind of "diverse fan reactions" It would be cool to have the Bourland family back--I liked them.

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

pinkjeans92 wrote:What kind of "diverse fan reactions?"
Some people liked Mitch, but a LOT of people couldn't stand him or his relationship with Connie. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

Richard Maxwell and the Mulligan Family. :yes:
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

JIMMY BARCLAY!!!!!!!!!!