What did you LEARN today?

post a random fact you learned...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Last night I learned two things:

Three hours of consistant running during a church game night makes one sleep very well during the night.

and

Four games of basketball (complete with eight teams that have three to four people each, and four balls, and TWO hoops for all four games to share happening at the same time isn't such a good idea.............even less of a good idea when you factor in a game of tackle football happening on the same gym floor as the basketball games, the kids on pogo sticks, the kids on skate boards, and the group playing tag.........it was a crazy night..........but we had fun :D

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I learned that someone from another Bible Bowl team is going to be playing with mine this weekend. \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

That one of my friends at school, knows a guy I knew in 1st grade! Ooooo, too weird. :anxious:
Aelwyn

Post by Aelwyn »

I learned today that I'll finally be able to see Narnia tomorrow!!! :D Yay!
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

God is amazing! :D
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

That one can't always have what one wants.

I learned that awhile ago but anyway...

Lucy
don't forget the rain.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

The twelfth grade was created after world war II to keep people in school one more year so that there would be enough jobs for people coming back from the war....something like that. very interesting.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That Frank is the sweetest, coolest person ever, and that her sister can make really cool necklaces! \:D/
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

poWerbOy wrote:The twelfth grade was created after world war II to keep people in school one more year so that there would be enough jobs for people coming back from the war....something like that. very interesting.
Aha! I knew 12th grade was a waste of time. ;-) Good thing I went straight into technical college after I finished 10th grade.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I'm horrid at thinking on my feet, especially in debates... I have to have my arguments written out beforehand.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I learned that I can plug the computer speakers into my portable CD and tape players! \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Linne

Post by Linne »

Waiting to write two papers until the hour before they're due is not a good idea! \:D/
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

running 12 miles is super fun.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

EUCC wrote:running 12 miles is super fun.
That EUCC is crazier than I thought. ;)

That shopping is fun and that clothes sizes are weird and that reams of clothing that are all made of a thin, clingy material is annoying to wade through when you want to find real clothes.

Side note: I bought a cute pink purse! Yay! \:D/
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Depressing music does NOT go with Mario games. XD
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

Catspaw wrote:

Catspaw is funnier than i thought. cute? pink? purse? methinks the 3 words to not belong together.

I learned that my state is raising its minimum age for marriage based on a recent court case involving a 15 year old.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

EUCC wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

Catspaw is funnier than i thought. cute? pink? purse? methinks the 3 words to not belong together.
I never used to think that they went together either, but I've reformed in the past couple years. ;) Sorry if I traumatized you, EUCC. :(
hubcap
new and improved danny
new and improved danny

Post by hubcap »

I learned two things today. Well, two important things...

First, when I am bored, I can quote a lot of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe...
and second, it is almost impossible to find your posts when you don't know what page they are on!!!
Do you believe in the couch?
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

it's okay Catspaw. I learned alot in stuttering class about feelings and such. I am approaching the situation and not avoiding it. I will accept the fact that I don't have a cute pink purse and be okay with that.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

That is IS possible to sit on a computer for 8 hrs in row, getting up only to eat......and after all that time, have only about 5 new paragraphs in a research essay done.

Whats that??? You say we all knew that already??? It's calld procrastination and we're all very tallented at it??? :-k :-k hmmm

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.