what state is odyssey in?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

gimp80995 wrote:
AIOaddict1988 wrote:Although it was said in family portraits that Oddysey is in Ohio, if that was ignored, could it still be there? In Best Laid Plans, Jason talks about I-40 being backed up, and I know for a fact that 40 runs through Tennessee, and probably west into Missouri. There's lots of talk about the old west, too in flashbacks, so I always figured Oddysey was in Missouri, because that's still a relatively close proximity to Chicago.
Hmmm, it wasn't a factor when I wrote that article but you make an excellent point. If Jason said "I-40" (not highway 40 or route 40 meaning state-route, in wich case there could be more than one route 40) then that totally blows the Ohio theory (I think........checking the map now) because I'm nearly positive I-40 doesn't go into Ohio.

Peace Out

-Gimp
Maybe he was just talking in Tarzan. ;) I 40 translates as I am 40 years of age. ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
MeleahR
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by MeleahR »

ok so I know this thread hasnt re-surfaced in a long time, but I wanted to post on it anyways :-) I've been doing some re-search about the whereabouts of Odyssey (unaware that its actually mentioned) and I came up with either Missouri or Kansas. Mainly because I know that Chicago isnt far away (but you still have to take a plane to get there) its 1000 miles away from Washington DC (Episode: Egshells) and about a 3 day car trip from Florida (Episode: Family Vacation). Also, the underground railroad reaches all the way to Missouri and Kansas, and of course Kansas is well known for tornados (which, we know odyssey has had in the past) Of course, they arent consistant about location and all, but it was my best guess.
"I'm so sorry Katrina. I couldn't have been more embarrassed if somebody had painted my face blue and asked me to appear before a congressional subcommittee."
Me
An original

Post by Me »

But I believe there are also some mentions of driving to Chicago.

Gimp: I believe that Jason was in Arizona when he mentioned I-40. Does it even run there?
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Me wrote:But I believe there are also some mentions of driving to Chicago.

Gimp: I believe that Jason was in Arizona when he mentioned I-40. Does it even run there?
Yes, I-40 does go through Arizona. And we have heard mentions of driving to Chicago, and a train trip from Chicago. You gotta keep in mind that flying is very convienient, not to mention the fact that typically you can fly somewhere, roundrip, far cheaper (and faster) than you could drive it. (example: I'm currently looking into the possiblity of flying to VA when I move, then buying a used car there rather than spending 3 or 4 days on the road with a car that I'm not convinced will make it........assuming the car did make it, I'd spend $250 easily on gas for the trip [and my car gets very good mileage....30 mpg], not counting food, hotels, and possible breakdowns on the way............I can get on a plane one night and arrive the next morning for $100, possibly $120 if I buy food in the airport terminals and stuff..........very big savings to fly)

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
MeleahR
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by MeleahR »

yeah well its only a 6 hour car trip from missouri to Chicago....buts its 11 hours from Kansas so I think we could safely rule that one out :-)
oh...and there is a U.S highway 40 (not I-40) in missouri...it goes through Ohio, Indian, Illinois, Missouri, and Kansas ... so we are defintly in the right vicinity
"I'm so sorry Katrina. I couldn't have been more embarrassed if somebody had painted my face blue and asked me to appear before a congressional subcommittee."
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

I say it is in Texas. :yes:

Richland is just north of Dallas (or Irving, but close enough). :yes:

-Cowboy
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

It's in Antarctica! \:D/

*is very happy she finally figured it out*
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

No, no, no..........:anxious: It's in Russia \:D/

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

It's definately in Texas. :yes:

Aloha
Pilgrim
Location: Where I am,where I've been,and where I'm going to be

Post by Aloha »

mr.whit wrote:Godd article Gimp. O:)
lol,yeah!!!! \:D/
TeXico_Blondie
Gold Member

Post by TeXico_Blondie »

isn't it kind of strange for Bernard and Eugene to go through 4 Corners (CO) to get to Cali, from Ohio? :-k
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

[and my car gets very good mileage....30 mpg],

that is horrible gas mileage to me.My mom has a pruise and it gets 40 and more miles per gallon!!!!!!!sometimes 50!I guess it can be good to you by what car you have.My dads car even gets more,uh,I think?

Also,Odyssey can not be in Canada.Do remember "Memories of Jerry"!Plato goes across a "great" lake "into" Canada.Also, they are on the states side of that great lake,which i think it is lake Erie or lake.......I don't remember!Someone have a map of the U.S?I know it isn't lake Michigan.It doesn't touch Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Long till next time............
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

TeXico_Blondie wrote:isn't it kind of strange for Bernard and Eugene to go through 4 Corners (CO) to get to Cali, from Ohio? :-k
No. :-k There's a lot of ground to cover between those two states. If you look at a map of the US, it is certainly conceivable they could choose to go that way. :anxious:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:
TeXico_Blondie wrote:isn't it kind of strange for Bernard and Eugene to go through 4 Corners (CO) to get to Cali, from Ohio? :-k
No. :-k There's a lot of ground to cover between those two states. If you look at a map of the US, it is certainly conceivable they could choose to go that way. :anxious:
Not that Chandler has ever checked, and carefully mapped out the route that Bernard and Eugene likely took so she can copy them precisely on her next vacation... :-
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Catspaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Not that Chandler has ever checked, and carefully mapped out the route that Bernard and Eugene likely took so she can copy them precisely on her next vacation... :-

She didn't! :shock:

;)

-Cowboy

rickyderocher
My posts are revolutionary

Post by rickyderocher »

It's in Ohio. It says so in Whit's Vistor. (Now out on one of Gold Series albums.)
AIOaddict1988
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AIOaddict1988 »

Chandler wrote:
But would they also have gone to Iowa? Beecause if I was going to San Diego from Ohio, I wouldn't go through Iowa to get there, which Bernard and Eugene do. The other thing is that Bernard mentions "driving 1000 miles to get there" and Ohio further away than that.

Have we ever considered the posibility that the location of Oddysey is a paradox? Because I'm leaning that way now...
- Sean
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Its in insanity.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

AIOaddict1988 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
But would they also have gone to Iowa? Beecause if I was going to San Diego from Ohio, I wouldn't go through Iowa to get there, which Bernard and Eugene do.
Someone else might go through Iowa too! \:D/ Maybe they're hoping to run into Dr. Blackgaard or something! :-$ I'd suggest looking at a map with highways on it and see if it isn't conceivable after all. :shrugs:

AIOaddict1988 wrote:The other thing is that Bernard mentions "driving 1000 miles to get there" and Ohio further away than that.
I'd need the exact quote and context but if he really said that he could've been generalizing. :-k
AIOaddict1988 wrote:Have we ever considered the posibility that the location of Oddysey is a paradox? Because I'm leaning that way now...
Yeah, no mountains in Ohio! :shame:
tangeldweb
Not as new

Post by tangeldweb »

I think Odyssey is in Indiana because in Tom for mayor Glosman says that he is staying at the Odyssey hotel on highway 224 the only highway 224 is in Indiana. Plus in the episode the under ground rail road Henry and Carolne have to cross the ohio river before they get to Odyssey. By the way aioaddict1988 with eugene reading the map they could have very possibley gon oh just about any were on there way to San Diago.