Questions for Shadowpaw

...or anyone else who can answer!

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Chandler wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:Why can't Halison's Guide to Popular Culture be bought from Holstein's? An error is displayed every time I try to buy it. :(

It says, and I quote, "Fatal Error: updating user information." :-s
You killed him. :(
*hides pistol behind back and laughs nervously*

er...heh...heh...heh...Wha...?

:anxious:
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Are those extra jobs added yet? \:D/

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Are those extra jobs added yet? \:D/

-Cowboy
*shakes fist at Cowboy*

;)

Seriously, I've been getting pestered by all of you so much about jobs that I decided to make good use of my long weekend and my unplanned being stuck on campus deal and am working on them now :) That and titles, which really should've been done by now :anxious:

EDIT-*realizes something*

When I said working on I mean coming up with details; not adding them quite yet. But the wait shouldn't be too much longer.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

\:D/ Woohoo!
...I hate marquees.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

This is probably a good thing for some people, but the Mark All Forums Read link isn't working for me. :( I tried it becuase things were acting up, and that seems to be the only way to fix it, but now it's not working either. :-k
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Works for me.. :-k
...I hate marquees.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Jonathan wrote:
COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Are those extra jobs added yet? \:D/

-Cowboy
*shakes fist at Cowboy*
*feels threatened*

I was only talking about the Business degree. ;)

Speaking of which...? ;)

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

hey will you join the ToO Baseball league?
emmalee08
Lurker

Post by emmalee08 »

sooooo im confused. how are you supposed to remember where you post and find things that you were looking at the day before and stuff? are you supposed to just memorize it or write it down or something? what is an easy way to sift through all the new posts and topics and everything? is it supposed to be this overwhelming or am i just doing something totally wrong. and who is the best person to go to for questions like this? btw how much time does the average person spend in too a day? maybe my problem is lack of time but i think im just really lost haha. okay yeah someone help.......

p.s. you can pm me as well if anyone has anymore tips because knowing my pathetic forum skills i will never be able to find this post ever again!!!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

emmalee08 wrote:sooooo im confused. how are you supposed to remember where you post and find things that you were looking at the day before and stuff? are you supposed to just memorize it or write it down or something? what is an easy way to sift through all the new posts and topics and everything? is it supposed to be this overwhelming or am i just doing something totally wrong. and who is the best person to go to for questions like this? btw how much time does the average person spend in too a day? maybe my problem is lack of time but i think im just really lost haha. okay yeah someone help.......

p.s. you can pm me as well if anyone has anymore tips because knowing my pathetic forum skills i will never be able to find this post ever again!!!
The way that i do it is to go to my profile and set it up so that it sends me and email every time someone posts after i do.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

emmalee08 wrote:sooooo im confused. how are you supposed to remember where you post and find things that you were looking at the day before and stuff? are you supposed to just memorize it or write it down or something? what is an easy way to sift through all the new posts and topics and everything? is it supposed to be this overwhelming or am i just doing something totally wrong. and who is the best person to go to for questions like this? btw how much time does the average person spend in too a day? maybe my problem is lack of time but i think im just really lost haha. okay yeah someone help.......

If a topic is really important to you, you can check "Notify me when a reply is posted," and it will email you. If you want to find all your posts, go to your public profile (a link at the bottom of every post of yours or if you click on your name at the bottom of the homepage) and click on "find all posts by emmaless08." Like this.
http://thetoo.com/search.php?search_author=emmalee08
If you want to find all the new posts since you last visited, look near the top right of the home page and you'll see something called "View posts since your last visit" and that'll give you a nice list of the topics. Like this.
http://thetoo.com/search.php?search_id=newposts
Also, be sure to go to "Preferences" (on the far right of the title bar) and check under "Reading topics" (found on the left side" and make sure that "Keep messages unread" is set to "yes." That'll help make sure that topics that you haven't read since they were last posted in remain marked even if you leave the board and come back! \:D/
http://thetoo.com/usercp.php?mode=prefs&sub=topicread
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

How much money do you really have, Shadowpaw? :-$
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Wooton wrote:How much money do you really have, Shadowpaw? :-$
In real life? Or the Town of Odyssey? I refuse to answer both at any rate... ;)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Shadowpaw wrote:
It's probably more than me...everything cost more in canada. ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eon wrote:
Shadowpaw wrote:
It's probably more than me...everything cost more in canada. ;)
It's probably more than you because he's worked for years and is older than you. ;) However, the exchange rate means that American money is worth more (thought not as much more as it used to be \:D/ ) and therefore I'm not sure if everything costs more in Canada...besides all the old people coming up to Canada to get prescriptions and stuff, which means that it's probably cheaper for at least a couple things. ;)
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Question: When you quit a faction, do your posts stay in the faction's forum?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

SivartM wrote:Question: When you quit a faction, do your posts stay in the faction's forum?
Yes they do. :)
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Chandler wrote:
SivartM wrote:Question: When you quit a faction, do your posts stay in the faction's forum?
Yes they do. :)
Okay, good! I want everyone to read the message saying I left, I don't want it to be deleted when I leave. Thank you!
Wooton

Post by Wooton »

Shadowpaw wrote:
I meant to thetoo ...... it's OK ;)
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

oo!oo! I know this one! ;)