Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Carrie Ingalls wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:Dr. Watson and I are watching the extremely exciting game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight! \:D/ I'm cheering for Chicago, and he's cheering for Boston. Bwahaha, my team is winning so far! :dance:
We set up our little bunny ear TV in the kitchen so I could do something productive and roll out pie crusts and cut marshmallows while we watch. :D

Edit:
NOOOOOOOO, Boston just tied it!!!! :x
Sorry Laura, I'm with Dr. Watson on this one. Go Bruins!! :x \:D/
WOOT!!! 'Hawks win in overtime! \:D/ That was just toooooo nerve-wracking of a game...good grief. :mad:
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Carrie Ingalls wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:Dr. Watson and I are watching the extremely exciting game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight! \:D/ I'm cheering for Chicago, and he's cheering for Boston. Bwahaha, my team is winning so far! :dance:
We set up our little bunny ear TV in the kitchen so I could do something productive and roll out pie crusts and cut marshmallows while we watch. :D

Edit:
NOOOOOOOO, Boston just tied it!!!! :x
Sorry Laura, I'm with Dr. Watson on this one. Go Bruins!! :x \:D/
WOOT!!! 'Hawks win in overtime! \:D/ That was just toooooo nerve-wracking of a game...good grief. :mad:
You may have won this time, but....I'll get you yet...JEFFERSON!!! ;) :D
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

American Eagle wrote:Everybody's going to college and finding jobs and getting boyfriends. I like this era. \:D/
Where is the thread where I can sign up for a boyfriend?

I got into my college's summer singing ensemble. 5 highly talented singers and me will be singing at different churches on Sundays to promote the school. I seem to be singing alto too which is different for me. I will be seeing my church at lot less but every Sunday we sing its a week without rent. *rolling in the deep money style* I might go home this or next weekend for a funeral but I have to be back on Saturday nights now. That's fine with me.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Just got back from a retreat. It was one of the best experiences of my life. But now I need some introvert me time. I am super tired. The Lord worked so much this week in my life. I hope that God will continue to guide me through my life. I cannot express my gratitude enough for the wonderful people I met and the people who I already knew and grew closer to. Thank you God.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I had a ball with my financial advisor's office manager today. The two of us walked for over an hour. I'm so glad I went out there, she is so much fun!! My only complaint is that it was too hot but it was worth it.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

I finally learned how to properly use our sewing machine! :splendid:
(When you've hand-sewn an entire circle skirt, you'll know why I'm so happy.) So I finally gave my mom her really-late birthday present from last year. :D Now I can start on some more projects, like summer skirts, a cleaning apron, and the rice heating bag that my mom wants. ^.^
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

College visit was extremely overwhelming, I thought visiting Purdue would help narrow down my list and thoughts. It compounded them instead. I have been to three college visits. One college I liked, the other I didn't. I don't know what to think about Purdue, it is huge. 39,000 students huge. Not even 50% what specific degree I want. I know what career I want to pursue but not sure what degree to get to do it. Also, as to what college to go to is becoming a mind blowing experience. Growing up is complicated.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Jehoshaphat wrote:Just got back from a retreat. It was one of the best experiences of my life. But now I need some introvert me time. I am super tired. The Lord worked so much this week in my life. I hope that God will continue to guide me through my life. I cannot express my gratitude enough for the wonderful people I met and the people who I already knew and grew closer to. Thank you God.
D-Week?
When you say, "I need some introvert time" I think of your younger brother......
I've been watching the live feed of the final rounds of NFL Nationals. It's great to watch such talented kids get to perform for hundreds!

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Totally D-Week. Why do you think of my brother?
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Jehoshaphat wrote:Totally D-Week. Why do you think of my brother?
Your mom posted something on Facebook once about him saying that .

BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Wanting to do something fun for my sister's birthday, she, my two brothers, my dad and I borrowed some kayaks and spent two and a half hours traveling down one of our local rivers. We had a lot of fun :D
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

That looks like fun! I love kayaking, but we don't get to go very often :)

*sigh* My oven has malfunctioned....in the middle of baking for market tomorrow. :mad: The element just stayed on, getting hotter and hotter. I opened the door to check on my pie, and it was a smoking, blackened mess. The fire alarms went off. :anxious: Booooooooooooooo!!!!
So there's a ton of stuff I haven't made yet - cupcakes, muffins, lots of my pies. But I got the cookies and brownies done, my cheesecake I made last night, and my candy, so I least I'll have something to sell tomorrow.

Edit: Hey, it seems to be working again! \:D/ I'm cautiously trying to get a few more things done before it goes haywire again...
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Yesterday was Worship Team practice; I'm one the singers. It went well considering it's been years since I was last part of the team.
This week I've organized the stuff from my apartment into boxes and stacked them onto our newly cleaning basement shelves (my parents have been cleaning out the basement lately. They have been meaning to do that for years)

Life is decent I suppose. my parents want me to find a job or a volunteer position so I get out of the house more. Because I don't do a whole lot with my time.

My sister comes home either tomorrow or Sunday, I don't remember. \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Right now there is some major flooding going on in the province where I live. There have been many people evacuated from their homes, and there has been a ton of damage in several towns. Highways are being closed, and bridges and homes are being destroyed. I worked for several hours filling sandbags last night, and according to the reports on the news, the worst hasn't arrived yet. The power went out where my uncle and aunt live due to the flooding, and there is a chance of the water treatment plant being affected also. Today I might go and do some more sandbagging, but I'm not sure how much more we are going to do.
Otherwise, I've just been working all week.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Anna><> wrote:Right now there is some major flooding going on in the province where I live. There have been many people evacuated from their homes, and there has been a ton of damage in several towns. Highways are being closed, and bridges and homes are being destroyed. I worked for several hours filling sandbags last night, and according to the reports on the news, the worst hasn't arrived yet. The power went out where my uncle and aunt live due to the flooding, and there is a chance of the water treatment plant being affected also. Today I might go and do some more sandbagging, but I'm not sure how much more we are going to do.
Otherwise, I've just been working all week.
Yeah, my aunt was given a 72-hour evacuation notice from her apartment in downtown Calgary. :/ The North Saskatchewan is running really high, too, and there's been flood warnings issued for my area, but so far nothing crazy has happened around here.
Last edited by Amethystic on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

We shall keep Amethystic and Anne and their families in prayer.

I got trained on the rivet gun at work on Friday right before I nearly passed out again... Lack of iron this time so I've been feeding myself extra helpings of spinach. My sister also went to the ER because her back pain was too much for her any more. She is back home with our parents in the city now.
Two great sermons about contentment in a row. God must be telling me something about the condition of my heart. Hopefully I know what it is by tonight.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Finally getting around to cleaning out your desk (I'm an expert procrastinator..) and finding $120 you didn't know you had. \:D/

My day=made
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Finally getting around to cleaning out your desk (I'm an expert procrastinator..) and finding $120 you didn't know you had. \:D/

My day=made
That is awesome \:D/

So one of my cousins was randomly in town and her mom wanted to know if we could visit this was this morning. And now she's coming over with her parents in under an hour. Let's just say we are all ready thanks to Costco \:D/ And the members of my family that cleaned the first floor of our house.
Tomorrow begins the 7 day work week \:D/ Yay?

Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

:x Discovered today that Laura won. Congrats, on the win! \:D/ :D Enjoy every minute of it, 'cause next year will be here before you know it! Mwahaha!

I had two of my sibs visiting for a few days and tonight they left to go back home...*feels rather melancholy* I miss not being around family.
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Tomorrow I'm gonna get a meningitis shot. =o
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: