Album 57: A Call to Something More

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

It only says "image". I want to see this!
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

it looks interesting. i am actually wondering what it will be.. A.I.O has done a good job of leaving us hanging.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I don't think she's supposed to look shocked. It seems to me like a grimace, like she's pondering over where she's going in life. Also, Eugene figurine in the box.
Whatever her expression is supposed to be, it looks like she has bad eggs under her nose. ;) If she's supposed to look like she's pondering, her face needs to look softer, her mouth should be in the center of her face, and she needs to either be frowning or raising both eyebrows--a single raised eyebrow does not typically accompany a soul-searching expression.

That said, I do like her design in and of itself--the hair and the outfit both suit her. It's not like she can keep the ponytail and green sweater forever. ;) I think the artwork has steadily improved from the pre-50 era; the people are still obviously caricatures, but the art has become much softer and more naturally expressive.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I actually really like the album cover with Connie as the central focus and tons of other little details in the background. I'm assuming that framed picture (the one beside her parents) is Connie as well (wearing the green and ponytail). Definitely peaks my interest in the album. ;)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Tikvah wrote:It only says "image". I want to see this!
Head over to the Album 57 page on AIOWiki.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

There comes a time when everyone must look at their life and see where God is leading them. The folks in Odyssey must ponder that question after a series of surprises. Connie goes through a difficult experience and has to figure out how to turn tragedy into triumph. Meanwhile, three generations of the Parker family journey in the Imagination Station to witness the story of the last judge of Israel, leading Camilla to consider what God might be saying to her. It’s a life-changing time in Odyssey as our friends at Whit’s End learn lessons in the midst of excitement and fun.
I'm thinking either Bill or June pass away. Would be interesting. When Mildred passed away, Jack was in charge because Hal had died. That was powerful. Even if you go back to ...But Not Forgotten, the last scene really shows the emotion of the situation. It'll be interesting since they have access to Whit's character. Though I question if Katie and Andre have that kind of chemistry.

Life Expectancy, Parts 1-3
Your Servant Is Listening, Parts 1-2

No Chemistry Whatsoever
More Than a Feeling
Repent after Me
The Friend Formula

I'm also really interested in Repent After Me.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
TigerintheShadows

The title "More Then A Feeling" indicates less "find your true calling" and more "rock song by Boston". ;) I'm also interested in "No Chemistry Whatsoever"; the title makes me think it has to do with a romance, but it probably has to do with Olivia blowing up a lab table and deciding she's not cut out for the exciting field of biochemistry or something.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

No Chemistry Whatsoever sounds like it has a connection to The Friend Formula, and my sister agrees, but it could just be us.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
TigerintheShadows

This is also entirely possible. :yes:
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Bren wrote:
There comes a time when everyone must look at their life and see where God is leading them. The folks in Odyssey must ponder that question after a series of surprises. Connie goes through a difficult experience and has to figure out how to turn tragedy into triumph. Meanwhile, three generations of the Parker family journey in the Imagination Station to witness the story of the last judge of Israel, leading Camilla to consider what God might be saying to her. It’s a life-changing time in Odyssey as our friends at Whit’s End learn lessons in the midst of excitement and fun.
I'm thinking either Bill or June pass away.
I checked, both actors are still alive, though both are getting up there in years.
Ginny Weasley wrote:I'm also interested in "No Chemistry Whatsoever"; the title makes me think it has to do with a romance, but it probably has to do with Olivia blowing up a lab table and deciding she's not cut out for the exciting field of biochemistry or something.
heh, been there, kinda.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Just because they are alive doesn't me the character can't pass.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah, I know, just throwing that out there anyway.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I think June Kendall is the one to pass away if any one does. Looking at the cover art I see older house furnishings; older-style couch with doilies, rotary-dial telephone, etc. I'm guessing that Connie is going through her mother's things and feeling sad. We know there's an Odyssey hospital scene (Dr. Graham) and that the actor who plays Bill Kendall has been mentioned. He probably is in Odyssey to comfort Connie on her mother's passing. Maybe Shona's character is a hospital patient with whom Connie keeps in contact.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

That's some of the best deductive reasoning and speculation I've heard so far. Nice thinking, Samitude. :)
Skylerbuck
OK
Post by Skylerbuck »

I agree with Leonard that it seems connected between The Friend Formula, and No Chemistry Whatsoever.
TigerintheShadows

That is a good connection, and I'm seriously wondering if they're going to include obscure chemistry references courtesy of Eugene.

Really, really want it to be about my Trandy babies. #desperate #holdingouthope
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I'm afraid your ship is taking on water.
TigerintheShadows

My ships never take on water. :noway:

Except for Zutara. And TwiMac. And, it would seem, SoarinDash.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I could see SoarinDash easily happening canonically.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

What do you guys think about Camilla, Eva, and Lucia being the ones in the Imagination Station in Your Servant Is Listening?

All I want is the old (and the best) Imagination Station to be used! :x