Album 57: A Call to Something More

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Bill is like a modern Genghis Khan. One day, .1% of the people in the world will be related to him. *Now there's a scary thought*
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

Shakespeare wrote:Well, TGRC was a story arc....
Yeah but technically it ended in The Labyrinth.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Bill is like a modern Genghis Khan. One day, .1% of the people in the world will be related to him. *Now there's a scary thought*
:lol: that made me laugh
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

jennifertwt wrote:It could be that with Bill´s "loose" history with women, that HE just found out about said child. IF there is one.................
And, if Connie is a role model, she needs to be shown in a mature "proper" dating relationship that at least has the potential for marriage. She has been out of high school for MANY years, it is not unreasonable. \:D/
Bill not knowing about the child makes much more sense. That sounds like a possible scenerio.

I think they've tried to make Connie grow older in their own way. She has her own apartment and the wedding planning service. A mystery story around her wedding planning service would be interesting.

I'd love for her to be dating someone, but I do know alot of single people in real life too. If she does date someone I hope they're not constantly breaking up and getting back together like all the other Odyssey couples!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I actually thought of something. What if Shona's character is Connie's daughter? Not in the present day, I mean, but in the future. What if Connie gets in to the Room of Consequence to see what would have happened if she had married Mitch? It would make sense that she might do that, with the way she was acting at the end of "Something Old, Something New". It might be a bit far fetched, but it certainly makes more sense than her being pregnant now. :-
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Shakespeare wrote:I actually thought of something. What if Shona's character is Connie's daughter? Not in the present day, I mean, but in the future. What if Connie gets in to the Room of Consequence to see what would have happened if she had married Mitch? It would make sense that she might do that, with the way she was acting at the end of "Something Old, Something New". It might be a bit far fetched, but it certainly makes more sense than her being pregnant now. :-
or her future daughter with Jason. :-)
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

jennifertwt wrote:
Shakespeare wrote:I actually thought of something. What if Shona's character is Connie's daughter? Not in the present day, I mean, but in the future. What if Connie gets in to the Room of Consequence to see what would have happened if she had married Mitch? It would make sense that she might do that, with the way she was acting at the end of "Something Old, Something New". It might be a bit far fetched, but it certainly makes more sense than her being pregnant now. :-
FUTURE DAUGHTER WITH JASON!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Did you just say that to set me off?? lol

But seriously, I really, really don't like the idea of her seeing what would happen if she had married Mitch. That would be WAY too emotionally draining for her... and for the fans... and for me especially. lol
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:

But seriously, I really, really don't like the idea of her seeing what would happen if she had married Mitch. That would be WAY too emotionally draining for her... and for the fans... and for me especially. lol
But didn't they say it was an emotionally draining episode for Katie Leigh? It seems possible...
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Shakespeare wrote:
AshleyWhittaker wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:

But didn't they say it was an emotionally draining episode for Katie Leigh? It seems possible...
But again, how could that be a story arc?
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Here's hoping that Connie and Jason will start dating. That would definitely be a future story arc! :) The title "A Call to Something More" would fit into that scenerio too. Didn't Katie Leigh say something about wanting Connie and Jason to date or was that my wishful thinking?
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I would like them to portray how a mature relationship can go from friendship to love, rather than have them fall head over heels over night or go through all the ups and downs that Eugene and Katrina went through. I do not think I could take that again.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Samitude wrote:Here's hoping that Connie and Jason will start dating. That would definitely be a future story arc! :) The title "A Call to Something More" would fit into that scenerio too. Didn't Katie Leigh say something about wanting Connie and Jason to date or was that my wishful thinking?
Probably just wishful thinking... but I'll have to look into that cause THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jason is way too old for Connie.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Laurie wrote:Jason is way too old for Connie.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

*coughs hysterically* WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING??????

lol seriously, they are perfect for eachother :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
Laurie wrote:Jason is way too old for Connie.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

*coughs hysterically* WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING??????

lol seriously, they are perfect for eachother :D
No, I am not kidding and YUCK!!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

this topic has been twisted in a way that is slowly becoming far fetched. yet funny.

i can not wait for this album. hope it lives.. up to the hype.. it will but.. come on man.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

We all know Connie will end up being Whit's second wife.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Top Crusader wrote:We all know Connie will end up being Whit's second wife.
Whit is way too old for Connie. That idea is just plain :sick:
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

Top is crazy. I must tell PF.
~ Walker in Dreams
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Well it's not like Whit or Connie age, so how can they be too old or young for the other?
#crackshipping!
Last edited by Leonard Meltsner on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent