Album 57: A Call to Something More

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

ah...........when I worked for (un)Family (un)Christian stores they played the videos non-stop. You would think I knew that.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:Meaning the Vegietales reference?
What I am most interested in is Shona. I hope they give her a real role in at least one episode, not just one of those more cameo-like things.
The episode she features in is a 3-parter I believe.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

In the most recent podcast, Paul & Dave said that there is going to be the beginning of 2 story arcs, one that involves most of the major characters and one mostly about Connie. Now, if her dad was dying that would be good for a three-part episode, but a WHOLE STORY ARC? I don't think so. But if she's pregnant, that might work....
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

How can Connie be pregnant when she does not even have a boyfriend? Not to mention the fact that Connie should not even be dating.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Laurie wrote:How can Connie be pregnant when she does not even have a boyfriend? Not to mention the fact that Connie should not even be dating.
Why shouldn't she be dating?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I just think its hilarious that anyone thinks Focus would ever EVER do this. They actually might have in the gritty 80's but there is just no way in the super-sanitized modern era this would ever, ever happen. Ever.

Now a lot of people wanted a more mature show and I'd personally welcome such a storyarc if done well... but that doesn't change the fact that it will never, ever happen.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
Laurie wrote:How can Connie be pregnant when she does not even have a boyfriend? Not to mention the fact that Connie should not even be dating.
Remember how horrible Connie acted when she was dating Mitch? That is why Connie should not be dating.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Laurie wrote:
AshleyWhittaker wrote:
Remember how horrible Connie acted when she was dating Mitch? That is why Connie should not be dating.
Well she's older now :D

I know what you mean.... but I think the writers would do a better job now :)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
Laurie wrote:
AshleyWhittaker wrote:
Well she's older now :D

I know what you mean.... but I think the writers would do a better job now :)
They could but Connie's being pregnant is not a storyline for the AIO age group. Just my two cents.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Maybe it's Mitch's child but Connie and her unborn child age so slowly that she only now realizes that she's pregnant!

(And I realize that this discussion is completely ridiculous and would never ever happen, but it's fun to put on the "Top" hat of discussion.)
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Maybe it's Mitch's child but Connie and her unborn child age so slowly that she only now realizes that she's pregnant!

(And I realize that this discussion is completely ridiculous and would never ever happen, but it's fun to put on the "Top" hat of discussion.)
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Ahahahahahaha!! Ya that's probably it ;)
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Since the title of the album is "A Call to Something More" it's possible that Connie will finally go to school and become a teacher like she used to want to do. I'm guessing, though, that either Connie's mom or dad dies. We know that the doctor listed works at Odyssey hospital, so it wouldn't be in California. I'm leaning toward Connie's mom dying and her dad coming to be with Connie during this time. If Bill does have a daughter why wouldn't Connie already know about her? Do you think they would throw in a surprise sister for Connie after they already threw in a surprise brother for Eugene? Oh, well. All we can do is speculate! :)
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Samitude wrote:Since the title of the album is "A Call to Something More" it's possible that Connie will finally go to school and become a teacher like she used to want to do. I'm guessing, though, that either Connie's mom or dad dies. We know that the doctor listed works at Odyssey hospital, so it wouldn't be in California. I'm leaning toward Connie's mom dying and her dad coming to be with Connie during this time. If Bill does have a daughter why wouldn't Connie already know about her? Do you think they would throw in a surprise sister for Connie after they already threw in a surprise brother for Eugene? Oh, well. All we can do is speculate! :)
But that can't be the beginning of a story arc! Paul & Dave also said that there is going to be a story arc that is about Connie, and her mom/dad dying can't be drawn out over a few albums... can it? They'd have to make it super long lol
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Well, TGRC was a story arc....
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
Samitude wrote:Since the title of the album is "A Call to Something More" it's possible that Connie will finally go to school and become a teacher like she used to want to do. I'm guessing, though, that either Connie's mom or dad dies. We know that the doctor listed works at Odyssey hospital, so it wouldn't be in California. I'm leaning toward Connie's mom dying and her dad coming to be with Connie during this time. If Bill does have a daughter why wouldn't Connie already know about her? Do you think they would throw in a surprise sister for Connie after they already threw in a surprise brother for Eugene? Oh, well. All we can do is speculate! :)
But that can't be the beginning of a story arc! Paul & Dave also said that there is going to be a story arc that is about Connie, and her mom/dad dying can't be drawn out over a few albums... can it? They'd have to make it super long lol
The teacher part could be the beginning of a story arc.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Eh, it wouldn't have to be a SURPRISE SISTER, just one that... was never mentioned on the show.

Although I do like the idea of, "Well, hello Connie. Oh, by the way... SURPRISE SISTER!!!!"
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

This would be a different sort of surprise.
~ Walker in Dreams
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

It could be a surprise sister for Connie. After all, her dad never talks to her. She didn't find out he was married to April for how long again?

Or it could just be a surprise sibling for us that Connie super-mysteriously never mentioned before, like Shining Armour.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

It could be that with Bill´s "loose" history with women, that HE just found out about said child. IF there is one.................actually have Eugene and Katrina use any surrogate could be interesting as that is a point of disagreement among Christians as to whether or not they should go to "extreme" measures to have their own biological child when there are so many children in need of adoption. Someone at some point proposed that Eugene and Katrina adopt Buck (already an orphan) and then get pregnant with their own child. It does happen sometimes when a couple adopts a child that they have their own becuase they are not so focused on the problem any more.

And, if Connie is a role model, she needs to be shown in a mature "proper" dating relationship that at least has the potential for marriage. She has been out of high school for MANY years, it is not unreasonable. \:D/
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah actually I think its probable that Bill wasn't even aware he had another daughter out there, cause he is kind of a bum.