Life without Eugene?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

The Top Crusader wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:
Actually this leads me to wonder, is André younger than Will Ryan? If so, that is jus weird to think about.
Significantly so. Andre is only slightly older than Townsend Coleman.
See, I used to think that was the case, but according to Wikipedia, Andre is 68.

Am I crazy, or did it used to say that he was like, 55?

Of course, even Townsend is 58. And Katie Leigh is 54.

It's scary that the biggest problem AIO's future faces is aging actors, rather than declining listeners. How often does that happen on a show?
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Probably not often and definitely not in christian radio drama. I think the key is to bring in "replacement" characters early, use them for several albums with the principals having less and less of a role but not disappearing totally and then just sort of phase them out. I think a big "send off" would be too traumatic.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

jennifertwt wrote:Probably not often and definitely not in christian radio drama. I think the key is to bring in "replacement" characters early, use them for several albums with the principals having less and less of a role but not disappearing totally and then just sort of phase them out. I think a big "send off" would be too traumatic.
Oh, I definitely agree. I also would love to see some previous child characters as parents of the current child characters if the characters of Connie, Eugene and Jason have to leave the show. People would recognize their voices and it would be easier to accept change.

Since Tom, Bernard, and Jack have all gone, I think Whit needs a contemporary. We've heard about Hal's Diner for years; Whit eats breakfast there some mornings even. Why not create a regular character of Hal to be a friend for Whit? We all know he already exists. He could be like the guy who runs this diner! :)

I hope it's OK to post this. Does it fall within the forum rules? Take it down if it's a problem. :)

jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Samitude wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:Probably not often and definitely not in christian radio drama. I think the key is to bring in "replacement" characters early, use them for several albums with the principals having less and less of a role but not disappearing totally and then just sort of phase them out. I think a big "send off" would be too traumatic.
Since Tom, Bernard, and Jack have all gone, I think Whit needs a contemporary. We've heard about Hal's Diner for years; Whit eats breakfast there some mornings even. Why not create a regular character of Hal to be a friend for Whit? We all know he already exists. He could be like the guy who runs this diner! :)

I hope it's OK to post this. Does it fall within the forum rules? Take it down if it's a problem. :)

I think that would be weird since we know that Hal´s Diner is named for Hal Smith. But yes, with Jack gone he does need a contemporary and at least a woman "friend", maybe not a serious romance but someone to do things with and talk things over.

-- 11 Jan 2013 06:01 pm --

I do not like that many guns on a video where we have children as members, but let the moderators decide. That is what they are for.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

jennifertwt wrote: I think that would be weird since we know that Hal´s Diner is named for Hal Smith. But yes, with Jack gone he does need a contemporary and at least a woman "friend", maybe not a serious romance but someone to do things with and talk things over.

-- 11 Jan 2013 06:01 pm --

I do not like that many guns on a video where we have children as members, but let the moderators decide. That is what they are for.
That's why I asked if it was OK to post here. I was posting it so people could see the diner man as an example of what I was talking.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

yes, I liked the diner man.

-- 16 Jan 2013 08:19 pm --

I just listened to The Life of the Party. It was interesting to hear Will Ryan on the program before Eugene was "invented". I also think I heard him in at least one of the Family Portrait eps, not sure which one at the moment.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden