if there were a new video series.....

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

if there were a new video series.....

Post by jennifertwt »

I read somewhere that the original 13 video episodes are being re-released. My husband and I love them even though I have read that some fans did not like them. Which leads me to wonder.......if there were to be a new series, what audio episodes (of any era) would you like to see on video.........I have to think about it some more before I submit my own list. With so many great holiday eps, it will be hard to limit them, but let´s say 13...........will submit my own list in a few days.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Time Has Come
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The entirety of Darkness Before Dawn as a big epic would be great, but I dunno, unless they could legally use their original audio, they probably wouldn't get a lot of people back for more recording. I could see there being some issue with the actor's union if they just reused old audio these days.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

The Novacom Saga.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

If they ever do new animated stuff I hope they ditch their current art and go with something like WB uses for most of their DC comic animated stuff.

Novacom would be cool but Darkness Before Dawn would be pressing it... I don't think they'd want to make the investment into a good retelling of Novacom unless it was drastically cut down.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

It would be awesome if they did a video series but with state-of-the-art graphics or whatever they decide. And I believe they could do an actual live characters if they were careful and diligent. Look at the "Hunger Games" many thought it might be bad but they did well. That being said the Odyssey characters are more known and more loved then the Hunger Games. If they were to do something box worthy, I think I would have to think of it as I do with the second haitus. Its good if you don't compare it to the real odyssey.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I'm just afraid it would be like "A Day in the Life"...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:It would be awesome if they did a video series but with state-of-the-art graphics or whatever they decide. And I believe they could do an actual live characters if they were careful and diligent. Look at the "Hunger Games" many thought it might be bad but they did well. That being said the Odyssey characters are more known and more loved then the Hunger Games. If they were to do something box worthy, I think I would have to think of it as I do with the second haitus. Its good if you don't compare it to the real odyssey.
...I love AIO and all and I think the Hunger Games is kind of silly... but I think Hunger Games is "more known and more loved." It could work but most of the cast doesn't look like their characters particularly, and I dunno, doing anything with a radio drama you'd probably want to keep the voices the same. So animation can work but live action is a lot trickier.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

The Top Crusader wrote:The entirety of Darkness Before Dawn as a big epic would be great, but I dunno, unless they could legally use their original audio, they probably wouldn't get a lot of people back for more recording. I could see there being some issue with the actor's union if they just reused old audio these days.
to be clear, this project only exists in my imagination. But then, so did a re-release of Family Portraits until recently, so, who knows! My imagination also says it is an animated series which brings fewer problems.

I would imagine that IF it did come about and existing eps were used that new audio would be recorded. Connie and Eugene are timeless and featured in most eps, Whit is in a new incarnation, so it would just be a matter of replacing the other actors.

The Green Ring could be great as an animated series. I have been sick since new year´s so have not really given serious thought to my video wish list, but I will!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I think if they they used 3D CGI animation, it could only look awful or somewhat good.

Unless Pixar becomes interested in doing it... :roll:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Ooh - if Pixar does it then the 'short' at the beginning (do they still do those?) could be about Chris, Randall the mailman and Dr. Julius Schnitzelbonker! \:D/

I think Darkness Before Dawn and Novacom are too serious. Not necessarily too dramatic or complex or mature or anything but, just... too serious. What would the scene with Richard Maxwell in Tom's office look like, for example? Maybe it's just me but, I have a hard time accepting a legitimate message from anything animated. Animation implies light, entertaining fluff to me so, given that perspective how about...
  • Do or Diet
  • Relatively Annoying
  • Champ of the Camp (there's already a video series episode about camp, isn't there?)
  • Gifts for Madge and Guy
  • Fairy-Tale-ivision
  • The Twilife Zone
Now that I think of it, most any episode where a story is being told (B-TV, KYDS Radio or an actual story by Bernard or someone) would be decent - The Girl in the Sink, A Thankstaking Story, etc. But, I think Gifts for Madge and Guy would have to be my top pick! :yes:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Gifts for Madge and Guy would be funny as well as A Thanksgiving Carol.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

i just thought about this at work before this was made. i was going to start the thread. but wasnt sure, so thanks to the starter.

my thoughts went down two roads.

A. in the next five to seven years i want to have kids. and i want something i know will be good rather than just rehashing old tom and jerry and loony tunes and the like. this would be hip for them new and such.

but then.

b. i would have to then picture them the way focus wants me to. we all have differnet ideas of what they look like. and stuff.

so if they made some the novacom would be a good start. or maybe a lot of the imagination station. room of consequences and those that way you wouldnt have to make the world of odyssey. i would love a odyssey cartoon. i didnt mind the old ones. i caught a few on one of the Christian tv stations like god tv or something.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I would highly recommend at least the first series. I have purchased, but not seen the second. As one poster said, it if fluff, but nice fluff. My husband and I periodically watch them before bed. So much more relaxing than the blood and guts evening news or the political back biting. I would much rather replay Electric Christmas or one of the others in my head.

The thing that I think makes great "classical" animation is the scenery. If it is done well, it enhances the viewing experience, if done badly or flat, then the show is boring. I would love to see Rodney on skis in Aloha Oy or the Old West town in Mystery at Tin Flat....to feel like you are part of the party in What are We Gonna do About Halloween.....or watching Irwin Springer get thrown into the lake in The Day Independence Came........

have to get serious about my list.

-- 08 Jan 2013 05:33 pm --

Okay, here are my picks. After days of thinking about it, I just sat down and scribbled the first 13 that came into my head, in no particular order of preference:

1. Snow Day
2. Ice Fishing
3. The Living Nativity
4. A Thanksgiving Carol
5. Flash Flood
6. Aloha Oy
7. Last Great Adventure of the Summer
8. Train Ride
9. The Day Independence Came
10. Thanksgiving at Home
11. All´s Well with Boswell
12. Family Vacation