Your First Car?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

What was your first car?

Chevy Cavalier
No votes
Chevy Impala
10%
Ford Taurus
5%
Honda Accord
No votes
Honda Civic
5%
Pontiac Grand Am
No votes
Pontiac Grand Prix
No votes
Toyota Camry
10%
Toyota Corolla
No votes
Bugatti Veyron Super Sports
No votes
Something other than the few on this list.
43%
I haven't ever owned a car before!
29%

Total votes: 21

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Yes, I want to see that Benz...

It would make sense to go after the crazy colors as most are owned by crazy young people that would speed or do other things. Also, did you know that waitresses that wear red get higher tips from men than with other colors?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

The first car purchased for me (the one I would consider "my" first car) is my current car, a 1998 silver Honda CR-V we bought in 2007. I love that car.

But the first car that was technically mine was a gray (and later painted red) 1986 Chevy S-10 Blazer. My parents bought it new for my dad before I was born, I drove it for a couple years, my sister drove it for a couple years, and we owned it until last year when we donated it to a friend's charity to send down to orphanages in Mexico.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

My first car was a navy '02 Chevy Impala named Mondivarious. I loved that car and still miss it.
I think we have three impala owners on here now....making it the most popular listed model on the poll??? It should be. :x
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Well, the impala wasn't my first car. But it's definitely the one I like the best, I love the style of the 2001-20005 Impala bodies with the cool light setup in the back...and the interior is just amazing. I want to do a few modifications to mine when I have the time though. Namely installing a touch screen system and an iPod connector in the glove compartment so I can just hook up one of those 160gb ipods and forget about it and use the interface exclusively to control it. I've seen some pretty cool mods on youtube... of course I'm a little wary about working on my car beyond changing the oil, tires, air filter, fluids, etc. I'm just not really a car guy.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

The first car I drove in high school was my mom's '83 Toyota Camry. It was basically like this but white. Very reliable. Not reliable enough to take over the Grapevine into Southern California at 12 years old.

So then in college and afterward, I drove one of these. '87 Honda Accord that had been my dad's. I miss this one. I could fit almost all my stuff, including a whole twin mattress, in the hatchback while moving between dorm rooms, drive to work, then drive back and unload it. Twas awesome. Hit over 300,000 miles.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Speaking of old Hondas, some friends of ours at church love Hondas. Last year they had to retire their '89 Accord because it finally wouldn't pass inspection after all those winters.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

That '87 lasted until 2005 when I had an accident with it. It drove home fine, then wouldn't start later. We also had a '97 Accord that worked awesomely for a little more than a decade until something stopped working in the middle of the freeway one day. My mom still drives her '99 daily, and it still looks great. And my dad's car is an Odyssey from '03 I think. Hondas have been great for us.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I think it had somewhere near 250,000 miles.
We have an '01 Civic with ~117,000 and an '03 Accord with 128,000.

I actually started a high-mileage facebook page because of their car.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

EK wrote:Well, the impala wasn't my first car. But it's definitely the one I like the best,
I'm looking for a new car, and the Impala is definitely a promising prospect. Looking at a 2010 right now.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

My first car was a 97 Toyota Avalon

My second car is a 99 Honda Civic
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

And as of today I'm on my third car, an '07 Impala.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Jonathan wrote:And as of today I'm on my third car, an '07 Impala.
w00t welcome to the impala club!
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Okay I don't personally own a car, but my first vehicle (and current vehicle) is a 1996 Ford F-150, 240k miles and its a manual transmission.

http://redhill-pa.americanlisted.com/ca ... 60965.html

Looks exactly like my truck other then my truck has a rust hole in the bumper and other places.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

...I want your truck.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

I don't technically own a car, my dad just has bought a couple for those of us that drive to use. my brothers and I call them our cars although they're technically "dad's" or "the family's".
My first one was a Civic (not sure of the year). But sadly, I got into a bad accident and lost it. :( now I have a 2002 Ford Focus. It was my aunts and she thankfully took really good care of it so it's running fine (though it sometimes sounds like a Mustang). :)
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

DanP740 wrote:...I want your truck.
Why? Do you know how to drive a manual truck? Someone should make a poll and see how many people know how to drive a manual transmission?
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I made a point of learning to drive manual. Also, surprisingly many of my friends have learned it too. Manual is much more fun.

I want a V6 manual regular-cab full-size truck.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Even if its worth $500. None of my friends that I know of knows how to drive a manual truck. Which is a lot of fun! Those who don't know how are missing out. Though its rather interesting when you are first learning. Poor parents. lol
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

One of my uncles, who owns a garage and sells used cars, said he rarely sells the manual ones anymore because everybody wants automatic.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Automatics are lame.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)