Favorite AIO Writer?

Who is yours?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Fenix
The Rich

Favorite AIO Writer?

Post by Fenix »

Mine has got to be Nathan H. I love his work! Great Job Nathan!
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Paul McCusker is the best by far.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I don't I have a favorite. They are all really good!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I couldn't pick a favourite, but you can't go wrong with Paul McCusker! I also usually like Marshal Younger's episodes, and Tory Martin's Wooton episodes are always fun, though he hasn't written enough to qualify as a favourite yet. Nathan Hoobler often had good episodes, too. I guess Phil Lollar hasn't been around in a long time, but he wrote a lot of classic episodes. It's impossible to choose a favourite, and there aren't any writers that I consistently dislike, so I will have to remain undecided.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

And you expect me to pick only one?

My favorites (more than one) would be (in no particular order) Phill Lollar, Marshall Younger, Paul McCusker, and Nathan Hoobler.

-Jonathan
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Jonathan wrote:And you expect me to pick only one?

My favorites (more than one) would be (in no particular order) Phill Lollar, Marshall Younger, Paul McCusker, and Nathan Hoobler.

-Jonathan
That just about sums it up for me as well. I like almost all the writers, but those are the best and most classic. There is just something about their eps.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I like all of them! :D
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Paul McCusker and Kathy Wieringa Buchanan.
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I love Paul McCusker's eps. He comes up with the most original plot lines and unexpected twists.
Of course, I like all of the rest of the writers as well, but PM's are the only ones I can really identify.
I also like how Nathan Hoobler brings in obscure Odyssey trivia from old episodes and puts it in the new episodes.
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I don't really have a favorite but Paul McCusker and Phil Lollar have a lot of great eps from years ago. Now I really like Torry Martin and Marshal Younger's eps. There a lot of Nathan Hoobler eps that I like a lot but don't to many. Kathy Wierenga is the writer I dislike the most becuase she is who wrote the Coniie and Mitch story line. ](*,)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Anne wrote:I also like how Nathan Hoobler brings in obscure Odyssey trivia from old episodes and puts it in the new episodes.
I LOVE it when the writers include those little tidbits of continuity that make Odyssey seem more real. :)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I particularly enjoy those written by Paul McCusker, Phil Lollar, Nathan Hoobler, and Marshal Younger. \:D/

. . . but to be honest, I love 'em all. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I like them all. :D
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

John Fornof writes great slice-of-life mystery shows "No Way Out/No Way In" followed by "Sounds like a Mystery." And don't forget his awesome 'Mystery of the Lost Voices' Last Chance Detectives drama.

Bob Hoose has had some great concepts, i.e. "The Present Long Ago" and "Called On in Class."

Kathy Buchanan and Marshal Younger's "Sunday Morning Scramble" shows that two writers working together really make episodes work best.

When I first heard "The Pact" a few years ago, I thought, "Yes! Odyssey can still be dramatic and fun and good like it was." Bravo, Nathan.

-shasta

p.s. I didn't like Wooton at first, but who can deny that Torry Martin's hilarious character makes the show so much better?
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

1st: Marshall Younger

2nd: Nathan Hoobler

3rd: Paul McCusker

4th: Phil Lollar

5th: John Fornof

6th: Kathy Buchanan

7th: Dave Arnold

8th: Torry Martin

9th: Bob Hoose

10th: Steve Harris

11th: Jim Ware

12th: Bill Myers

13th: Doug Macintosh

14th: Kirby Atkins

15th: Charlie Richards

Did anyone know who half of those people were?
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

My personal over-generalizations of each writer: ;)

Marshall Younger: Probably the most consistently good writer, with repeatedly good slice-of-life episodes and sports episodes.

McCusker: Written a significant number of classics, containing snappy-McCuskian dialogue and, more recently, episodes that are usually heavier in character arcs.

Hoobler: Episodes capture Odyssey feel, yet are always unique. Usually include a wink-wink to Odyssey's past. Very rarely a miss.

Buchanan: She brings in a romantic-comedy element to her shows,and scenes are usually shorter and faster paced.
Last edited by Bennett on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

Paul McCusker and Phill Lollar are my favorites! But all the writers are good.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Nathan Hoobler, then Paul McCusker, and then Dave Arnold.
whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

Nathan Hoobler! He's written or co-written 53 episodes, and the only ones that I felt didn't meet the Hoobler standard were Suspicious Finds and The Labyrinth, Parts 1 and 2. But everything else is amazing, from The Triangle to The Pact to A Cheater Cheated to The Highest Stakes!
Last edited by whittaker96 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexMitchell
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AlexMitchell »

I like Nathan Hoobler and Kathy Buchannan. I think I used to like her more before I found out she didn't even like writing Mitch, but she's still brilliant at plotting and dialogue. She can create the funniest, most awkward situations for the characters to get into!