Who should Connie marry???

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Who should Connie marry?

Mitch!!!
29%
Jason?
14%
Richard Maxwell?
10%
A new character?
7%
She should not get married at all...
31%
Just for Bmuntz, I shall add "Barry Muntz" to the list
10%

Total votes: 42

Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

There is no Ethan Daniels option, I shall not vote :(
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Sapphire wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:
Laurie wrote:Jason Whittaker is way to old for Connie and not the guy she should marry. If you recall she did not react well to Mitch going into the FBI. Connie is not suited to marriage to any kind of agent national or local.
But via the end of the Labyrinth, it sounds like Jason is ready to settle down. It would be good for Jason. And as far as age...we don't even know the difference. ;)
That is true...He could have been born much later that his other two siblings. I'm not the biggest fan of Jason and Connie. I would much rather Connie meet a new guy at college or wherever and fall in love with him.
...but we know Jason was a coherent child at the time Jerry died in Vietnam, so he'd have to at least be born in the 1960's...
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

A new guy or no one. Jason is WAY too old. And I agree that the "new Katrina" is a ruined character...she was the only person who could give Eugene a challenge or intelligent discussion...now she's...yeah.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

I would have to say it is hard to find someone to match with connie because she is NEVER aging. You know what I am typing? LOL
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

I've said this several times before and I'll say it again. I kind of like the idea of Connie marrying Jason, but it probably isn't likely to happen. Since that being the case, then I would say Jason should marry Alicia who works at City Hall. Connie should marry any of these three: Billy McPherson, who should become a youth pastor at OCC; Richard Maxwell needs to get saved and then marry Connie; Officer Burke should like/chase her, but she dislikes him at first. He gives her a ticket, etc.

I liked Mitch alright once I got past that he was the voice of Rodney Rathbone. That threw me for several weeks. The thing about Mitch is that I never have thought that the FBI matched his character and personality. He and Connie fit nicely together. It was the FBI that didn't fit him.
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

Barry and Connie would be great together. But is'nt he in South America?
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
jesusfreak
OK

Post by jesusfreak »

Samitude wrote:Connie should marry any of these three: Billy McPherson, who should become a youth pastor at OCC; Richard Maxwell needs to get saved and then marry Connie; Officer Burke should like/chase her, but she dislikes him at first.
I really like the idea of Connie marrying Billy and him being a youth pastor. It would be a great way to bring someone old back for long time listeners but also, it wasn't like he was a very developed character, so they could make him into whoever they want. Also, having Connie as the wife of a youth pastor would keep her relatable to the kids and put the kids back is a Sunday School or Bible Study environment that they used to have with Connie. You might have been just kidding with the Billy idea, but I really like it.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

I don't really have a dog in the "Who should Connie marry, if anyone?" debate, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw Katrina losing so much of her character when she came back on the show. (I was excited in "The Undeniable Truth" when she started using big words again. It didn't last.) That could practically carry its own topic, if it hasn't already.
Last edited by Caswin on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Godzilla wrote:Connie should marry Whit imo.
Now THAT is sick. I have though Connie and Jason had chemistry ever since For Whom the Wedding Bell tolls, so now that Connie all grown up, it should be Jason as I have said many times on many forums. :D
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

jennifertwt wrote:
Now THAT is sick. I have though Connie and Jason had chemistry ever since For Whom the Wedding Bell tolls, so now that Connie all grown up, it should be Jason as I have said many times on many forums. :D
I don't think Connie will ever become a Whittaker. Whittakers are involved in undercover operation.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

James Bond wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:
I don't think Connie will ever become a Whittaker. Whittakers are involved in undercover operation.
Fair point. Connie's not very good at keeping secrets.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

James Bond wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:
True, but she has matured. And I suspect most wives of undercover agents do not really know anything other than the "cover story" to protect their husbands and families. In my Odyssey world, Connie and Jason get married and while Jason is off doing his agen thing periodically, Connie has adventures of her own. Kids are optional, but James and June would be cute if they had twins. :-)
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I don't know how old Connie is. I can never figure out Odyssey time but Jason is definitely not the one for Connie. She did not handle undercover anything well at all when she was dating Mitch. With Connie I'm looking for a quiet, calm romance and not the hysterical, out of control how ever one chooses to describe what she had with Mitch. I suspect that her even attempting to date Jason would bring out the hysterical out of control part of Connie that drives me crazy. Connie does not handle men who work for government agencies well at all and should stay away from that type for all time to come.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Laurie wrote:I don't know how old Connie is. I can never figure out Odyssey time but Jason is definitely not the one for Connie. She did not handle undercover anything well at all when she was dating Mitch. With Connie I'm looking for a quiet, calm romance and not the hysterical, out of control how ever one chooses to describe what she had with Mitch. I suspect that her even attempting to date Jason would bring out the hysterical out of control part of Connie that drives me crazy. Connie does not handle men who work for government agencies well at all and should stay away from that type for all time to come.
Ah....but unlike Mitch, Jason actually LIKES Odyssey and longs for a normal life. He is good at what he does, and sees it as a way to fight for the normal life he longs for, but is not addicted to the adrenalin rush like Mitch. Connie needs someone mature to keep her grounded and Jason needs someone a little crazy to keep him from being too serious. It could work. :pray:
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Sorry but after the way Connie acted with Mitch I firmly believe she should stay single. Also I think Jason is too old for Connie.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

jennifertwt wrote:
Laurie wrote:I don't know how old Connie is. I can never figure out Odyssey time but Jason is definitely not the one for Connie. She did not handle undercover anything well at all when she was dating Mitch. With Connie I'm looking for a quiet, calm romance and not the hysterical, out of control how ever one chooses to describe what she had with Mitch. I suspect that her even attempting to date Jason would bring out the hysterical out of control part of Connie that drives me crazy. Connie does not handle men who work for government agencies well at all and should stay away from that type for all time to come.
Ah....but unlike Mitch, Jason actually LIKES Odyssey and longs for a normal life. He is good at what he does, and sees it as a way to fight for the normal life he longs for, but is not addicted to the adrenalin rush like Mitch. Connie needs someone mature to keep her grounded and Jason needs someone a little crazy to keep him from being too serious. It could work. :pray:
But remember AIO writers lean to having Jason having a former agent as his wie. Tasha and Monica. And Jason probably will never settle down forever. He would be like Mr. Whitaker is now.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

James Bond wrote:
jennifertwt wrote:
But remember AIO writers lean to having Jason having a former agent as his wie. Tasha and Monica. And Jason probably will never settle down forever. He would be like Mr. Whitaker is now.
I don't picture Jason giving up his travels and sometime work for the government to marry Connie. And would Connie be happy with that kind of life and away from Odyssey?
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

jennifertwt wrote:
Ooooh. These are both good arguments. ^.^ I love debate.

Jennifer's argument makes sense to me. As much as I loved Jason and Tasha together, I kinda have a soft spot for Jason and Connie. They have chemistry and they've been friends for a long time. (And it probably wouldn't be a stupid lovey-dovey thing romance Connie and Mitch had)

BUT Laurie has made some valid points. While it seems like Jason is done with all the intrigue, the mystery or even knowledge of Jason's past would make Connie hysterical. We really don't need to hear that.

I'm of the opinion that the writers should throw Jason a wife first (a brand new character) and then eventually give Connie someone (another brand new character). Still, I like the idea of those two getting together.
This is my humble blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

James Bond wrote: But remember AIO writers lean to having Jason having a former agent as his wie. Tasha and Monica. And Jason probably will never settle down forever. He would be like Mr. Whitaker is now.
well, Odyssey time is relative. Connie was a teenager for what 15 years?? Oh well. I would think having two agents in the family is redundant. I would not stop listening because of it, but I can still have my fantasy.... =;
Tags fixed~G4Y
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Marc.
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Marc. »

Well, I don't know. Honestly I just want there to be a significant lack of romance in Odyssey, at least for now. I think that Connie getting married would just change her too much. I like the Connie we have now. And I don't like any of the popular choices so far. Jason? He's what, twenty years older than her? Fifteen? I also think that they made a daring but correct move having Mitch not getting back with Connie. It would have been just unrealistic, and Connie can't leave odyssey. It was kind of like they were just trolling you, "Mitch is back! Oops, he's engaged to someone else! Oh wait, there's still a chance that he'll marry connie, his fiancee is a criminal! LOLJK she's not a criminal and Mitch is never coming back. Oh, by the way, yellow tulips. Go ball your eyes out now. (Spoiler is off-topic rambling)
Last edited by Marc. on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.