Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Doctor Watson can't do it for you? :noway:

Today I had to hang out at Walmart a long while, very boring. As in, going through the aisle putting things away kids have left out boring. While I was there I observed a middle aged woman employee who stuck out from the others for some reason. :anxious: She seemed cheerful, but she was ranting about her teen daughters love life to one of her customers. Turned out to be an older guy who looked like he could care less. :-k Anyway, I really, really wanted to give her a tract for some reason. She was on the aisle we were going to check out on. So I took a Father's Love Letter tract out of my bag and stuck it in my back pocket. However, I was disappointed to realize her shift had ended before we got out. So we finally got done and Dad and I were walking in the parking lot, and I see that woman just then getting into her car to leave. ^_^ I was worried about barely missing her so I ended up running the remaining distance of the Walmart parking lot to her car. xD I wonder how that looked.. \:D/ But anyway, being able to catch her before she left made me very happy and thankful. :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

^ Your story rocks, TKD.

Hello, vacation time. Frankenmuth, prepare to be boarded. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I've been busy with school. Mostly math. Tough stuff. Dividing and multiplying fractions, long division, long multiplication, I dislike it all. :( But of course, it's a necessity.
Well, besides school, nothing much has happened. I did go to the March for Life last Thursday, which was great! We went on a six hour trip in a bus there, and a six hour trip back. When we were waiting earlier in the morning, our bus driver went to the wrong street with the same name 40 minutes to an hour away! That really put us behind schedule. And then the bathroom on the bus..... :| It stunk. But the part where the March was, was great! Some girls, I don't know who, or how, that were marching where we were thought of some great cheers, such as "We want life, how about you? Yes, Yes, yes we do."
So yeah, it was pretty fun! Went to Ottawa for the umpteenth time, and dad talked to his friends. As in, political friends. We went and visited the Conservative party headquarters, where my dad talked for a while with a few of his friends. Yeah, my dad's politically involved.
Well, that's all I have to say about what's been happening.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

American Eagle wrote: Hello, vacation time. Frankenmuth, prepare to be boarded. \:D/
Don't do it! it's mostly just shops of tiny glass figurines!
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

The Top Crusader wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Hello, vacation time. Frankenmuth, prepare to be boarded. \:D/
Don't do it! it's mostly just shops of tiny glass figurines!
well why else would they want to go there? Haven't you seen his collection of glass figurines? \:D/

TKD that is an awesome story. \:D/
Last edited by Joanne on Thu May 17, 2012 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Awesome story TKD! \:D/
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

That's an awesome story, TKD! :D

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! \:D/ Ohhh, I am so HAPPY! :bouncy:
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Joy wrote:I've been busy with school. Mostly math. Tough stuff. Dividing and multiplying fractions, long division, long multiplication, I dislike it all. :( But of course, it's a necessity.
Well I'm currently studying for a test tomorrow with Arithmetic Sequences and Series, Geometric Sequences and Series, and Summation Notation. I am also study for finals next week and there was stuff in previous sections I forgot about like logarithms.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Joy wrote:I've been busy with school. Mostly math. Tough stuff. Dividing and multiplying fractions, long division, long multiplication, I dislike it all. :( But of course, it's a necessity.
Those are hard when you're first learning them. But once you get the hang of it, they can be fun (believe it or not)!
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Sunshine wrote:
Those are hard when you're first learning them. But once you get the hang of it, they can be fun (believe it or not)!
^ I second this.
Joy, I tutored in long division and multiplication this semester. I would've never thought when I was learning that stuff, that I'd enjoy teaching it later! :D
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

the_newfie_haystack wrote:That's an awesome story, TKD! :D
Reminders of how God is in charge of every little detail are so good, I forget far too often. :anxious:
Whenever I said that everyone was just like, 'Hah, really? Just wait until you get to high school math. :evillaugh: ' But honestly, that was pretty much as hard to get, for me. ;) All the 'higher' stuff is based off what you're learning now. :yes: So hang in there, not all of us are made like Eugene, but after a while, you'll get it. ^_^

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Just wait until you get to college math. ;) My dad's a math teacher with a degree from Cornell. He's rather good at math.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

DanP740 wrote:Just wait until you get to college math. ;) My dad's a math teacher with a degree from Cornell. He's rather good at math.
What do people say after you conquer college math. :roll:

;) My dad loves math. I obviously didn't inherit that. xD

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
DanP740 wrote:Just wait until you get to college math. ;) My dad's a math teacher with a degree from Cornell. He's rather good at math.
same here :(

I'm so tired, I went running today, on a riverside trail and I did 3 miles in 27 minutes \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I have loved college math so far. Calculus 1 was easy, calculus 2 was a lot more interesting, and the stuff I've learned so far in calculus 3 makes math actually have a point. Linear algebra is actually pretty cool too once you understand what it means. I love math and patrickJMT on youtube who is the best math teacher ever.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Jesus' Princess wrote:I'm so tired, I went running today, on a riverside trail and I did 3 miles in 27 minutes \:D/
I am in awe. o.O
Hadassah wrote:

I have loved college math so far. Calculus 1 was easy, calculus 2 was a lot more interesting, and the stuff I've learned so far in calculus 3 makes math actually have a point. Linear algebra is actually pretty cool too once you understand what it means. I love math and patrickJMT on youtube who is the best math teacher ever.
That's fantastic. \:D/ Hah, I didn't even know there was a calculus 3. XD

Helovesus
Green is good

Post by Helovesus »

Life. Bleh. Let's see. Right now is like the only down time I have. It of course is being spent listening the Bible and on Te ToO. :- anywho. Life is crazy. My best friend was here last weekend and this whole week I've been doing homework. School's done for me on the 25th so I need to take my finals and such. I coul go on about how busy June is going to be but I won't. :-
Chinese food is God's gift to mankind. He knew we'd live in a hurting world, so He gave us something to console ourselves with.

SnC.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

This weekend I have a musical I perform in. I'm not that nervous about if I memorized my lines and songs, but I am extremely nervous about my solo. It's a very, very small one, and I didn't even audition with a song. Anyway, let's just say there was a reason why I didn't audition with a song. I don't know what it is, but every time I am singing by myself my voice gets very quiet. I going to try to be louder, and hopefully, I will be...
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

So my sister just called.

And had some news....

... guess what?

I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT AGAIN!!! \:D/

This will be my third niece or nephew. I currently am hoping for a boy because she has two girls already, but whatever it happens to be it will be thoroughly loved and cherished. Aaaah... I'm so excited. \:D/
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I know how you feel Joanne I am an uncle 4 times over. My sister-in-law is actually due with her first kid, a little girl, any day now and I am REALLY EXCITED! And my other sister is having her first kid in October. I hope it is a boy because I already have 3 nieces and NO nephews.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.