Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

DanP740 wrote:I don't really see a reason for me to have a phone, because I would probably never get any texts or calls...
I mostly use it to stay connected with my brother when he is away, and so my parents don't have to lend me their phone when I go places. ;)
American Eagle wrote:Why have you not given me your number yet? :x
Well why haven't you given me yours? :x
Last edited by Joanne on Mon May 14, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

This weekend was so awesome \:D/

On Saturday, we went to a surprise birthday party for someone in our church, I didn't realize how many people were coming (from out of state!) and it turns out that some of my best friends ended up being there.

Then, most people stayed for the weekend, and so they were at church last night \:D/ We had the most hilarious conversation, and buzz word will never again be played without me cracking up :p we ended up staying until until 11:30.

To top it off, my aunt called, and said that she had a baby! \:D/ get this, they hadn't told anyone they were pregnant, because they were worried about a miscarriage, and then they decided to just keep the secret. She's like, hey! You've got a new cousin! I about dropped the phone! Say, she's adorable :)

Yep, I've had a great weekend.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

American Eagle wrote: I'm in a good mood because I just fixed our washing machine. The lid switched was broken so I personally took it apart and installed a new one. \:D/
That's right, ladies, he's very handy around the house. Good looks and maturity are only the beginning of the joy that you could have with this multi-talented young man! \:D/

Today I stopped at the post office of a small town that I usually just drive through and when I was backing out of the parking space into the street behind me, with a truck parked next to me blocking my view of the street, an older gentleman (who I think owned the truck blocking my view) peeked around the back of the truck and waved me back to let me know that no cars were coming. I love small towns. \:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw wrote: Today I stopped at the post office of a small town that I usually just drive through and when I was backing out of the parking space into the street behind me, with a truck parked next to me blocking my view of the street, an older gentleman (who I think owned the truck blocking my view) peeked around the back of the truck and waved me back to let me know that no cars were coming. I love small towns. \:D/
That's very rare. Usually if someone is blocking your view and you are backing out the person just yells at you and does not make any attempt to help. At least that's what would happen to me.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laurie wrote:
Catspaw wrote: Today I stopped at the post office of a small town that I usually just drive through and when I was backing out of the parking space into the street behind me, with a truck parked next to me blocking my view of the street, an older gentleman (who I think owned the truck blocking my view) peeked around the back of the truck and waved me back to let me know that no cars were coming. I love small towns. \:D/
That's very rare. Usually if someone is blocking your view and you are backing out the person just yells at you and does not make any attempt to help. At least that's what would happen to me.
This had never happened to me either! Either it's a really nice town or I just happened to "meet" the nicest person there. ;) It made my day, though. It was a good reminder that the nice little things that people do really can have an impact.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Catspaw wrote:
Laurie wrote:
This had never happened to me either! Either it's a really nice town or I just happened to "meet" the nicest person there. ;) It made my day, though. It was a good reminder that the nice little things that people do really can have an impact.
You were very fortunate to "meet" the gentleman indeed. The world needs many, many more like him.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Joanne wrote:I got my own phone. Yay! \:D/ Now I can txt all my friends all day and waste tons of time. \:D/

note I have not left a sarcasm alert because I saw that people think they are dumb. So to avoid people thinking that I am dumb I decided just to let you figure out that I was being sarcastic. \:D/
What kind of phone did you get?
I got a new phone a few days ago and it's an LG optimus black. I love it!! :)
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Anna><> wrote:
Joanne wrote:I got my own phone. Yay! \:D/ Now I can txt all my friends all day and waste tons of time. \:D/

note I have not left a sarcasm alert because I saw that people think they are dumb. So to avoid people thinking that I am dumb I decided just to let you figure out that I was being sarcastic. \:D/
What kind of phone did you get?
I got a new phone a few days ago and it's an LG optimus black. I love it!! :)
It's a Samsung Bright Side. I LOVE it. \:D/
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

My transfer just got accepted for third year university. :'D Thank You God!

Needless to say, this very quickly happened:

"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I went to the Ranch again today, officially helping with stuff. I didn't do a whole lot, just observed since I got there late. And the reason I was late was because I was dealing with being in a minor car accident. No one was hurt, but it was my fault; I hit someone's pickup as they drove past me, with me waiting to drive onto the side street. It was a bit scary, and I was kinda shaky; that's never happened to me before (mind you, I've run into fences, etc. but not another car). Anyway, her pickup was side swiped and the passenger door dented. My red car left a nice smudge on the lower door. I didn't have my cell phone (my mistake I'll never make again), but it got sorted out and turned out rather nicely; her and her friend who came to help were actually nice as we hung out a bit.

So that's my story of today; then I went to the Ranch finally and met more Doctor Who fans; I'm glad i wore that shirt today, along with a cowgirl hat, so I immediately thought of season 6, where Matt Smith wear's a similar hat. \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I have two weeks left of school. We're studying President Obama this week, which promises to hold some extremely interesting discussions \:D/

Other than that, my pool is now warm enough to swim in, I've been working nonstop on my treehouse to get it finished in time for summer, three of my girlfriends invited themselves over to spend the night at my house tonight, I'm planning a Hunger Games movie party, I'm making brownies, and...um...

*goes blank*

Oooh, I get to go to a John Williams symphony on the 26th \:D/ That will probably be one of the highlights of 2012 for me. Can't wait! :mad:
*insert provocative quote here*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Aww, I'm so glad, the_newfie_haystack!! :D

Tree house? Wooton style? ^_^

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

No, I'm going to make it into a reading corner of sorts \:D/ With books, and writing supplies for when I feel the random urge to write a story.
*insert provocative quote here*
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:No, I'm going to make it into a reading corner of sorts \:D/ With books, and writing supplies for when I feel the random urge to write a story.
That sounds really cool! Can I come over when it's done? \:D/
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

6 more days of school but the rest of this week I get to study for finals for the following Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Not fun at all.

I did however finalize my schedule for my junior year. I will be taking the following classes (includes a summer class*):
Band
French III
Chemistry II
Pre-Calculus
AP English
AP World History
AP US History
AP Biology*

I'm hoping my senior year to take the following:
Band
AP Chemistry
AP English
AP Calculus
AP Economy/Government
AP Physiology
AP Sociology
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

^ May I forwarn you that taking so many AP Classes might be very very very stressful.....................

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Sounds like you had a pretty awesome day, yesterday, JP!
Shennifer wrote:I went to the Ranch again today, officially helping with stuff. I didn't do a whole lot, just observed since I got there late. And the reason I was late was because I was dealing with being in a minor car accident. No one was hurt, but it was my fault; I hit someone's pickup as they drove past me, with me waiting to drive onto the side street. It was a bit scary, and I was kinda shaky; that's never happened to me before (mind you, I've run into fences, etc. but not another car). Anyway, her pickup was side swiped and the passenger door dented. My red car left a nice smudge on the lower door. I didn't have my cell phone (my mistake I'll never make again), but it got sorted out and turned out rather nicely; her and her friend who came to help were actually nice as we hung out a bit.

So that's my story of today; then I went to the Ranch finally and met more Doctor Who fans; I'm glad i wore that shirt today, along with a cowgirl hat, so I immediately thought of season 6, where Matt Smith wear's a similar hat. \:D/
I'm glad no one was hurt! Fences...? :anxious:
the_newfie_haystack wrote:My transfer just got accepted for third year university. :'D Thank You God!
That's great!
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

So, by Thursday I have to read at least chapters, 15, 16, and 17 of the drivers training book. And yesterday the teacher announced that the class has to split up in groups of eight and teach a chapter of the book! :shock: We split it up into sections and we have to each right a "speech". Ugh.... The group I'm doing it with is awesome though. Too bad that thing we're doing isn't. ;) Oh, and tomorrow I drive for the last time there. Don't know how I'm going to get all this work done... (All I know is I probably shouldn't be on here. ;))
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Today was a long day for me. First, calves were fed. Then my grandpa and I had to fix the dents in the truck (which it was partly my fault they were there in the first place, but that's another story) so we could put the cab on. Then, once the cab was one, we (him and I) went out to a farm above Pittsburgh to get four pigs. On the return trip, we got lost, so it ended up taking three hours instead of two. Then, the pigs needed water and then I finally got to eat supper. Also, one the pigs may be named 'Ham Sammich'. :D
Last edited by Astronomer on Tue May 15, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hey, are you related to Blessed Cheesemaker, by any chance? :-k
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.