What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I just started Return from Manzanaar, as I think it's called. It's about a Japanese girl who was sent to a camp in the US during WWII, pretty good so far.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

The Case For Christ, by Lee Strobel. :D
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Planet of the Nose Pickers by Gordan Korman :-$
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports from the Maximum Ride series. \:D/
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I'm also reading "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" Book 1: The Bad Beginning. By Lemmony Snicket. :) A very happy book! ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm read the Official Movie Companion for The Hunger Games. It's my last book from the series, honest! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

American Eagle wrote:I'm read the Official Movie Companion for The Hunger Games. It's my last book from the series, honest! \:D/
That must mean it's the last HG book available that you haven't read yet.

I'm reading Scorpia Rises out of the Alex Rider Series, and Climbing about and written by Rosalind Goforth. P.S. I want that last name. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

BobbyCow wrote:I'm also reading "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" Book 1: The Bad Beginning. By Lemmony Snicket. :) A very happy book! ;)

I love that series! I miss it. I wish he would write more.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I'm read the Official Movie Companion for The Hunger Games. It's my last book from the series, honest! \:D/
There's also a parody book called "The Hunger Pains", but it's not official, so I don't really care for it. "The World of the Hunger Games" is coming out next month. I'll probably end up buying that. ;)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

American Eagle wrote:
There's also a parody book called "The Hunger Pains", but it's not official, so I don't really care for it. "The World of the Hunger Games" is coming out next month. I'll probably end up buying that. ;)
The Hunger Pains, oh that sounds great. :-

It's coming out next month? So I would assume that means it has a lot to do with the movie?

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

American Eagle wrote:

It's coming out next month? So I would assume that means it has a lot to do with the movie?
Well, according to Amazon, it's a good bridge between the book and the movie.
This is the definitive, full-color guide to Panem. Gorgeous photographs from the movie make this a rich visual dictionary for the incredible world that Suzanne Collins created and that has come to life on the big screen. It showcases the major players and participants in The Hunger Games, the life and home of Katniss Everdeen, and the perils of the Games themselves — injuries, fire, muttations, and all the rest. A glossary and new quotes from Suzanne Collins herself complete the package. Fans of both the Hunger Games novels and the stunning forthcoming film will treasure this book.

Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

A really boring biography on Mark Twain. Stupid research papers...
he/him | a little stinker.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
American Eagle wrote:

Well, according to Amazon, it's a good bridge between the book and the movie.
This is the definitive, full-color guide to Panem. Gorgeous photographs from the movie make this a rich visual dictionary for the incredible world that Suzanne Collins created and that has come to life on the big screen. It showcases the major players and participants in The Hunger Games, the life and home of Katniss Everdeen, and the perils of the Games themselves — injuries, fire, muttations, and all the rest. A glossary and new quotes from Suzanne Collins herself complete the package. Fans of both the Hunger Games novels and the stunning forthcoming film will treasure this book.
Hmm. *makes a mental note of it* It sounds fascinating \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Wow, you are really into this, AE. \:D/

Middle of Catching Fire. Pretty good. Maybe not as good as the first one so far, but it's good.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

That's interesting, I have no doubt I'll hear all about it next month then. ;)
Pip wrote:Wow, you are really into this, AE. \:D/
Understatement of the week. \:D/

bold4god
OK

Post by bold4god »

I am reading a series called Dahveed, it is about the biblical character David, but elongated into six books! I am on the second one, and I really like it!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Game of Thrones and Middlemarch. An...interesting combination, to say the least.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall
It’s my birthday

Post by Mark Prescott »

Middle of Catching Fire. Pretty good. Maybe not as good as the first one so far, but it's good.
Really? Catching Fire was my favourite out of the series.
~Mark Prescott~
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The Kings Daughter wrote:That's interesting, I have no doubt I'll hear all about it next month then. ;)
I am as well, but I just don't tell everybody :anxious: Or you'd all laugh at me \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Peeta wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:That's interesting, I have no doubt I'll hear all about it next month then. ;)
I am as well, but I just don't tell everybody :anxious: Or you'd all laugh at me \:D/
I knew you were, it's kind of obviously ya know, with the username and all. ;)