Album 52

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I can't figure out the actress from 1988.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The what? :-s I must be missing something...:-k
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Look at general information. Last item before characters. Anybody want to agee that this seems like it will happen in The Mystery of the Clock Tower?

If we go by characters, that leaves us with Annie McNeal, Marcy, Stephanie, Gloria McCoy, Jane Forsithe, Jenny from Recollections, Pamela from Connie, Amanda from Whit's Flop, or Debbie from Stormy Weather.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

TigerintheShadows wrote:The what? :-s I must be missing something...:-k
The eighth edition of the ScoopCast proclaimed that an actress who hasn't appeared since 1988 will be featured in Album 52. Using our database I found that that actress has to be one of the following:

Amy Trout, Angelique Adams, Dana Howerton, Dee Otte, Dinah Morse, Heather Sanders, Janna Arnold, Jennifer Thompson, Jill Gerber, Kari Kaylene, Rebekah Trout, Robyn Sanders, Sue Blue, or Tiffany Song.

The actress could be appearing as a really old AIO charater or, as Regis suggests, a new character. :-k
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

AIO WIKI says there will be a new character called Spencer Hicks.
Last edited by Mark Prescott on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Mark Prescott~
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Mark Prescott wrote:AIO WIKI says there will be a new character called Spencer Hicks.
And we mentioned that Spencer is the mayor of Odyssey now. \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

i'm glad that mayor fay is finally gone!
TigerintheShadows

New mayor! \:D/ Of course, we can probably guess why Mayor Faye's not in it anymore (besides the whole, y'know, starting over with new casting thing).
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Some of the Christian book magazines are advertising that you can actually buy Album 52 already, I it doesn't look like it's even meaning you can preorder. Is it coming out for sale that soon? I do know that the cover still isn't final. Both of the magazines I've seen are still using that picture of Matthew Parker standing in front of the darkness before dawn background.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Dallas R. wrote:Some of the Christian book magazines are advertising that you can actually buy Album 52 already, I it doesn't look like it's even meaning you can preorder. Is it coming out for sale that soon? I do know that the cover still isn't final. Both of the magazines I've seen are still using that picture of Matthew Parker standing in front of the darkness before dawn background.
I think Album 52 is supposed to be available in October. Of course that could mean anything since FOTF never sets a release date.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

New Mayor? When did this happen? I'm also confused as to why it's a good thing that Mayor Fay has been yet another victim of uwos (unexplained write-off syndrome)?

Last edited by 31899 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Well, we have a new mayor because when Connie pressed the red button at the end of Album 50 it sent a huge shockwave throughout the city, killing many people including Mayor Faye, Tom, Bart, Whit, and the whole Washington family, among many other casualties. (Also known as the UWOS Event)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Mayor Fay was irritating. :anxious:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

American Eagle wrote:Mayor Fay was irritating. :anxious:
Extremely. Freaking feminists.

Post by 31899 »

I don't like the character, but I like to know why characters disappear. The other thing is she made the show interesting by causing problem causing controversy, Just like Dr. Blaggaard. They were antagonists but it's hard to have a story without antagonists.

Edit: Generally antagonists aren't meant to be liked, so apparently shes doing what she meant to do (irritate people)

Last edited by 31899 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Mayor Faye seemed ahead of her time, in some ways--anticipating a bit of Hilary Clinton. This new African-American Mayor, just seems to be following the trend since we have a black president now.

Ben
TigerintheShadows

Mayor Faye wasn't necessarily an antagonist--I mean, I haven't heard all the episodes, but from what I have heard, she's not exactly Little Miss Let's-Stir-Up-A-Controversy. I don't think she's a true antagonist; she's not really ready to take a side. She's your average member of Team Switzerland.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

If people would pay attention, not all of the characters are being written off. They are just not the center of attention. Besides, it could be that the actress couldn't voice the role or they wanted someone who could be around for the future.
ImageImageImage
logos linked

Post by 31899 »

We are sorry that we don't measure up to your standards of intelligence Regis. We or at least I thought, when a character is eliminated to bring in another character or a character is put into a situation where they will not likely be heard from it was know as writing off.

Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

31899 wrote:We are sorry that we don't measure up to your standards of intelligence Regis. We or at least I thought, when a character is eliminated to bring in another character or a character is put into a situation where they will not likely be heard from it was know as writing off.

I agree with Regis. This UWOS as you call it, isn't what's going on. They aren't writing off characters, they are indeed introducing new ones, but that doesn't really mean replacement/or writing off. Odyssey has gone through several character readjustments through out the years, and I think it'd get kinda boring after a while if they hadn't done that. I don't think of it as them simply disappearing. I think of it as they just slip into the busyness of Odyssey and the attention is drawn more to others. Some of the other characters might not be heard from as frequently. (such as Bart Tom, and Bernard.) but it's the same concept. Still in Odyssey just less attention.