Picture of Wooton!!!!

WOW!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Picture of Wooton!!!!

Post by Trixie Belden »

I decided to check out Clubhouse Magazine's website, since I heard that Wooton was going to have his own blog. To my delight, Wooton not only has his own blog, but his own picture as well! And one that shows his face! For a moment I simply stared at the screen, not knowing what I was seeing, then I shieked and began to kiss the screen! :^o Okay, not quite that. But I was very excited!

Feast. http://www.clubhousemagazine.com/odyssey/
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Awesome! I must admit, I'm very impressed with this illustration with Wooton. It looks pretty accurate, at least according to the picture in my head. =D>
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yeah, I saw it today at http://www.odysseyscoop.com! It was soo cool!!! I literally jumped up for joy!
Rachel, are you 12? Cuz I am too.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

MITCHnTRENT wrote:Yeah, I saw it today at http://www.odysseyscoop.com! It was soo cool!!! I literally jumped up for joy!
Rachel, are you 12? Cuz I am too.
Yeah, I am! Cool! I thought I was the youngest here!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Very cool picture!! That is exactly how I picture Wooton.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I showed my mom his pic and she said she still pictured him as fat.As for me,I loved it!It's very accurate IMO.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I LOVE that illustration of Wooton! \:D/ It's just so... Wooton! And I've always pictured him more flabby than fatty, personally.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Don't worry... Wooton has some flab. You will see it sooner or later.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Not too unlike how I picture Wooton. He actually looks like a guy who I always thought looked like him.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I'm glad they didn't make him fat, I've never seen an unfit mail carrier

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

*cough* Do Or Diet *cough*
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

31899 wrote:I'm glad they didn't make him fat, I've never seen an unfit mail carrier

Careful what you say... something tells me Wooton has some fat he hasn't quite revealed yet...
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

So, is Wooton fat or not? Make up your minds, already!

Evidence that Wooton is fat
his character is based off of his creator, Torry Martin, who is, well... heavyset
Do or Diet
The Other Side of the Glass

Evidence that Wooton isn't fat
For the Fun of It (the obstacle course scene, but now that I think of it, he does eat an ice cream skyscraper at the beginning :-k )
The Best Small Town Album Cover
This Image

I think what happened is that when he was created, he was supposed to be active and off-the-walls and pretty heavy (both qualities of Torry Martin), but due to the nature of audio drama, we hear more of his activeness. (If it was a TV show we would see his weight and would associate it with his character more, but in audio drama we hear him participating in obstacle courses and chasing kids and building tree houses, but the only way we can be reminded of his weight is with the odd "I fit in the shower better sideways" line.) So, anyway, his activeness is conveyed more than his heaviness, so most fans (including myself) visualize him as an active person. (I picture him sort of like Jess Harnel)(not that a fat guy can't be crazy and energetic, but again we're not reminded of his weight much, so all we have to go off of is the energy and your stereotypical hyper guy isn't fat) So then the writers are like, "shoot, he can't be fat and skinny, we're going to have to just make him skinny." So, now they're illustrating him that way and simply ignoring past evidence that says otherwise.

Wow, did I just write that much on a characters size? :anxious: Don't worry, I'm not weird. :noway:

If there's one thing that for sure, it's that Wooton's weight is the Cunningham-Schultz of this decade. :yes:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

It's possible to enjoy physical activity and still be chubby. :yes:
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I showed that picture to both of my parents, and they said that was not at all how they pictured Wooton. Personally, i think that Wooton looks more like Jess Harnell with shorter hair than that picture. I think that Wooton is about the weight and stature of that picture, and that one line from Do or Diet was simply one of his great exaggerations.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

I'm sure we will be seeing different renditions of Wooton in the years to come as we've seen with other characters. It's all about tweaking.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That's awesome! It isn't how I pictured Wooton, but I got use to it almost immediately. :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I think what happened is that when he was created, he was supposed to be active and off-the-walls and pretty heavy (both qualities of Torry Martin), but due to the nature of audio drama, we hear more of his activeness. (If it was a TV show we would see his weight and would associate it with his character more, but in audio drama we hear him participating in obstacle courses and chasing kids and building tree houses, but the only way we can be reminded of his weight is with the odd "I fit in the shower better sideways" line.) So, anyway, his activeness is conveyed more than his heaviness, so most fans (including myself) visualize him as an active person. (I picture him sort of like Jess Harnel)(not that a fat guy can't be crazy and energetic, but again we're not reminded of his weight much, so all we have to go off of is the energy and your stereotypical hyper guy isn't fat) So then the writers are like, "shoot, he can't be fat and skinny, we're going to have to just make him skinny." So, now they're illustrating him that way and simply ignoring past evidence that says otherwise.
Yeah, that sound about right because I've never pictured Wooton as fat, but in "Do or Diet" because of all the references to his weight, I actually have a different, fatter, picture of him in my head than in any other episode that he's in.

And the picture is perfect, not exactly how I picture him, but obviously there's no way they can fit everyone's mental picture of him. I hope they don't change it too much. This is much better than on the "Best small town" cover.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Dallas R. wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:I think what happened is that when he was created, he was supposed to be active and off-the-walls and pretty heavy (both qualities of Torry Martin), but due to the nature of audio drama, we hear more of his activeness. (If it was a TV show we would see his weight and would associate it with his character more, but in audio drama we hear him participating in obstacle courses and chasing kids and building tree houses, but the only way we can be reminded of his weight is with the odd "I fit in the shower better sideways" line.) So, anyway, his activeness is conveyed more than his heaviness, so most fans (including myself) visualize him as an active person. (I picture him sort of like Jess Harnel)(not that a fat guy can't be crazy and energetic, but again we're not reminded of his weight much, so all we have to go off of is the energy and your stereotypical hyper guy isn't fat) So then the writers are like, "shoot, he can't be fat and skinny, we're going to have to just make him skinny." So, now they're illustrating him that way and simply ignoring past evidence that says otherwise.
Yeah, that sound about right because I've never pictured Wooton as fat, but in "Do or Diet" because of all the references to his weight, I actually have a different, fatter, picture of him in my head than in any other episode that he's in.

And the picture is perfect, not exactly how I picture him, but obviously there's no way they can fit everyone's mental picture of him. I hope they don't change it too much. This is much better than on the "Best small town" cover.
That's what I think too. Personally, he might have been a little fat at first, but I can get used to the new Wooton. And yeah, he does look a bit like Jess Harnell.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Funny, he actually looks like a guy from a kid's show that I've always thought looked like him. I never imagined him with red hair, but I like it.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother