620: A New Era II

Discussion & Reviews *Spoilers*

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How would you rate 620: A New Era II?

5. Five Asterisks ( ***** )
39%
4. Four Squigles ( ~~~~ )
32%
3. Dot Dot Dot ( . . . )
14%
2. Two Question Marks ( ?? )
14%
1. One One ( 1 )
No votes

Total votes: 28

Applesauce
I'm memorable

620: A New Era II

Post by Applesauce »

Rate and review, people! \:D/
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

I really liked this show. (I am also walking tall because I was right about what Leonard and Thelma were arguing about ah-HEM.) i thought it was well-written, and I loooved the part about Eugene's favorite prime number. He types in all these numbers then. That was funny.

Cannot wait for part 3! (Still need Everett.)
Britt-Votin' went off real smooth. Not but one shootin', and that turned out to be just a flesh wound.
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

Still too intense for my tastes, there should have been a warning for young listeners. I really wish there was some normal episodes with these characters, after a while all this drama starts to feel shallow.

Anyway, I gave it a 2.
Arla
Popsicle kid

Post by Arla »

I thought it was okay. I really long for just some plain old odyssey adventures with the kids. It seems, of late, it has been all drama.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Skid wrote:Still too intense for my tastes, there should have been a warning for young listeners. I really wish there was some normal episodes with these characters, after a while all this drama starts to feel shallow.

Anyway, I gave it a 2.
Too intense? I've recently felt that these newer episodes have been rather dry. But this episode is pretty good. Well written and nice story line. 4 stars.
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

Bertha Olivia wrote: Too intense? I've recently felt that these newer episodes have been rather dry. But this episode is pretty good. Well written and nice story line. 4 stars.
That's what I mean, too many extreme emotions from the characters for the good of the storyline.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Skid wrote:
Bertha Olivia wrote: Too intense? I've recently felt that these newer episodes have been rather dry. But this episode is pretty good. Well written and nice story line. 4 stars.
That's what I mean, too many extreme emotions from the characters for the good of the storyline.
I believe it is the right amount. I like extreme dramas, soap operaish things. ;)
connies#1fan
Found

Post by connies#1fan »

I think that it was an excellent epixode. I loved it!!
"The Call" - Regina Spektor
You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Bertha Olivia wrote:I like extreme dramas, soap operaish things. ;)
...So how are you an AIO fan? We've never had a really steady stream of extremeish stuff before this recent streak.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

Jonathan wrote:
Bertha Olivia wrote:I like extreme dramas, soap operaish things. ;)
...So how are you an AIO fan? We've never had a really steady stream of extremeish stuff before this recent streak.
I like Odyssey things as well, I was just saying that enjoy more intense dramas as well.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Skid wrote:Still too intense for my tastes, there should have been a warning for young listeners. I really wish there was some normal episodes with these characters, after a while all this drama starts to feel shallow.
When it's "normal," we often complain it's targeted too much to the younger listeners. Then when it's dramatic and intense, we complain it's too mature. Is it possible to please anybody? :boohoo:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dakota Bud
I've been here a bit

Post by Dakota Bud »

:^o :^o
GO MARINES
OOH RAH

I'm a Private Detective in the Town of Odyssey
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
When it's "normal," we often complain it's targeted too much to the younger listeners.
No, when it's immature we complain about it being targeted to younger folk. I believe what he's looking for is a slice-of-life episode.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ah, yes. I would agree that we haven't seen too many slice of life episodes... but I hope that we can realize some life lessons within these character sagas. Just because they may be dramatic and intense doesn't mean we can't learn something from them. For instance, I don't know how many people would categorize any of Mandy's recent episodes as "slice of life," and yet they are especially pertinent to children who are dealing with (or have dealt with) divorce. Of course, not everyone may appreciate the dramatic as much as the slice of life style... but to each his own, I suppose. O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Some good points, and
Of course, not everyone may appreciate the dramatic as much as the slice of life style... but to each his own, I suppose.
Yes :)
Rachel Maxwell
Classic

Post by Rachel Maxwell »

i like the dramatic for a break-I get enough slice-of-life in my own life!
Britt-Votin' went off real smooth. Not but one shootin', and that turned out to be just a flesh wound.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I like dramatic slice-of-life episodes! \:D/

Ahem. :anxious:

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode. I liked the flashbacks that Leonard had; it really brought out the complexity of his charachter.
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

When I was a child I think I liked the more mature/grown up episodes better then then the regular kid episodes. The adult episodes were real. Some of the kid story plots aren't anything I ever experienced as a child so they didn't mean a whole lot to me. I didn't go to public school, so alot of that stuff wasn't anything I had to go through. I do realize that there are alot of children out there that do go throught these things so they probably find more meaning in these. However, I still enjoy most of the kid episodes and do still listen to them.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I love dramatic episodes! Slice of life or other.

Anyway, I think this episode was interesting. I just wish Everett would show up! It might have been a little intense for younger listeners. (Eugene could have never have been born!) I do think there should have been a minor parental warning, just because of that fact and scene. (After all, Pamela has a Problem was discontinued for a long time because of the subject matter.) But other than that, I enjoyed it. A five-star episode.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Kairi wrote: I just wish Everett would show up!

Yeah, so do I. I liked the whole flash back thing, I just wish they hadn't used Everett's voice for the "little Eugene".