598: "My Favorite Thing"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

how many stars

5 stars in our eyes
20%
4 star trek
37%
3 stargate
17%
2 star wars
13%
1 a cloudy night
13%

Total votes: 46

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

That title reminds me of a certain Tool Time ep ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Ooo, which one? \:D/ Apparently I don't think as swiftly as you do. :anxious:

I found Doris's new voice acceptable. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, and I doubt that I would have noticed it as much if I hadn't known that it was a different actor and was consciously listening for differences.
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

It seemed chaotic and disconected... there wasn't much of a story there. Sure, it was funny at times, but not that funny. Doris wasn't bad, but there was something missing...

What can I say, the ep didn't grab me. Just seemed like a crazy series of events. 2/5
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Unfortunately, I just listened to this episode :(

I agree with Bennett almost completely. The script and dialogue was really disjointed. This is nothing like the interaction between the Barclays and the Rathbones. Who let's their kids just wander around the restaurant for that long? The Pearls in the Oysters gag don't really work on radio without better directing. It was too confusing to understand what was going on.

As far as Doris goes, I thought she did a terrific job at copying a tricky voice. At first I thought it was Pam just having a really bad day in the studio, then I remembered she wasn't doing it and became extremely impressed. She even sounded like Katrina a couple times ;)

I give this ep a 2 :( (and not because of Star Wars)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

Here's my review
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

One of the most irritating things about the episode (besides the horrible french caricature) was how the kids weren't severly punished for their abomidable behavior. It was just "oh well kids, let's all just play a game and have fun."
And the whole earing in the oyster thing? Why bother with a gag like that when you can see it coming a mile away and isn't funny when you get there.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I finally got around to listening to this episode, and I completely agree with BC. It was, to put it mildly, pathetic. :anxious: 1 star.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I like it for entertainment, but that's not the point of Odyssey, so...
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog