596: "Cover of Darkness"

**SPOILERS**

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of "Cover of Darkness"?

5 stars It rocks!
33%
4 stars It's pretty great!
43%
3 stars It's good!
20%
2 stars I've heard better!
2%
1 star Meh!
2%

Total votes: 46

LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I miss the old characters too, especially their interactions. I mean, looking at the line-up, I see that Bernard's obviously in one, but I doubt he'll be doing much interaction with the other "old favorites." Before this season started, the Eugene-and-father saga was only 6 episodes long, but even in the other episodes, Jack, Bernard, Tom, Jason...ever since Whit's return, and especially recently, they've had much less air time (especially Jack and Jason. I really think they should do more with Jason's character, but that's another story).

Anyway, enough with my mini-rant. I just hope that we get to see more than the Meltners' and Whit this season...and even in this saga with Leonard, just hearing say, that, Bernard or Tom is praying for Eugene, or have Connie make a brief appearance - it would really be a nice touch. For the other big events of his life (especially his salvation), the rest of his Odyssey "family" was there...
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

I have no inside knowledge about the rest of this season, but normally they only bring Dave Madden down to record as Bernard if they have several Bernard shows they want to do, since he no lives in Florida. That's not to say Bernard will definitely be in more episodes this season, but chances are high that he will be... and hopefully that means we can hear how he feels about this whole father thing:).
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Turkey wrote:I have no inside knowledge about the rest of this season, but normally they only bring Dave Madden down to record as Bernard if they have several Bernard shows they want to do, since he no lives in Florida. That's not to say Bernard will definitely be in more episodes this season, but chances are high that he will be... and hopefully that means we can hear how he feels about this whole father thing:).
At least it means that he's no longer Eugene's closest living relative. :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

Evil Chick wrote:
Turkey wrote:I have no inside knowledge about the rest of this season, but normally they only bring Dave Madden down to record as Bernard if they have several Bernard shows they want to do, since he no lives in Florida. That's not to say Bernard will definitely be in more episodes this season, but chances are high that he will be... and hopefully that means we can hear how he feels about this whole father thing:).
Woah...that comment actually hit me hard. :-s I'd never thought about the fact that Leonard's return made Eugene and Bernard's relation much less significant. And I rather liked the fact that Bernard was Eugene's closest relative.

Now I'm sad. :(
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Applesauce wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:
Woah...that comment actually hit me hard. :-s I'd never thought about the fact that Leonard's return made Eugene and Bernard's relation much less significant. And I rather liked the fact that Bernard was Eugene's closest relative.

Now I'm sad. :(
Actually, as I was typing that, I was thinking. Maybe Bernard will react in the same way. Maybe he secretly enjoyed being related to Eugene, and now that he's no longer "the only relative" he might be upset, too...
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
snowflake
Found

Post by snowflake »

Evil Chick wrote: Actually, as I was typing that, I was thinking. Maybe Bernard will react in the same way. Maybe he secretly enjoyed being related to Eugene, and now that he's no longer "the only relative" he might be upset, too...
hmm......i like that idea! i was kind of sceptical about Eugene finding his dad at first because, well....what's the point in "Last of a long line" then?

Thanks Lucy Pevensie for my awsome avatar and signature!!!

Yes, I know it's no longer Christmas but right after I change it it will be again so just get over it...