I guess this is goodbye...

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

I guess this is goodbye...

Post by EK »

Well guys let me preface this with, i'm truly sorry I sprung this on you. This is all very sudden.

Over the course of this year i've been looking, hoping, and praying for some kind of direction in my life. I started college with the hope of doing just that, but it led to nothing but more confusion and doubt about my life. I started to look back and see what i've done with my life, who've I affected, and what I want to do with my life in the upcoming years. I've prayed and fasted, i've consulted people and i've thought long and hard about this.

I'm now an enlisted active duty recruit of the United States Marine Corps.

I wasn't planing on telling anyone this until I went off for boot camp, but apparently i'll be going to boot camp sooner than I expected...sooner than this term will last most likely. I had planned to live out this term and leave at the end, but as of now my family and friends take precedence over the ToO as i'll only have short bursts of time where I can see them because of the fact i'm active duty. So i've put in my recommendations for my replacement and now it's up to the current administration.

I truly love this community and all of the friends i've made in it. There are way too many to list so I wont even try, i'll still be alive and all that so my facebook page is open to anyone who wants to contact me. Though it's time for me to move on, duty calls I suppose.

Thanks for the wonderful years of experiences you guys have let me enjoy with you, you all will always hold a special place. I've grown from a little newbie on here to a pretty cool and respected dude...at least in my opinion. ;)

Thanks and God Bless,
Tyler

Semper Fi!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Well, I know two guys in the Marines, one of which recently finished boot camp. Be prepared for healthy food. ;)

And... teeteewhyel.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Best of wishes to you, Tylah, as you go off to Boot Camp and elsewhere. We'll miss you around here. *nods*
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
*sob*
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

We will miss you. God bless! :hug:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

This is one of the best reasons to leave the ToO! Thank you for serving our country for the next four years or more. I will miss you, but I will greatly appreciate your service to our country.

KODY 105
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

O.o um......

Wow Tyler... I did not expect that at all... dude, you'll be missed like crazy! :(

I LOVE YOU TYLER OK!!!!!! DON'T LEAVE!!!!!

But anyways, God bless your future...
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Tyler, I am mad at you.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Goodbye, Tyler. God bless you in the new direction you are taking. :D
Last edited by V-lady on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

:(
Tyler, we'll miss you. :( But what you are doing is admirable. :)
:cry: But we will miss you. A lot. God bless you, my friend. :)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Barack Obama wrote:noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Tyler, I am mad at you.
Do not be mad at a US Marine! BOOYAH!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Dude, I saw this on facebook the other day, and I thought it was a joke. :(

Gonna miss you lots, brother! Love you, and will be praying for you! It's really cool that you're gonna serve our country, though. :D
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

KODY 105 wrote:

Tyler, I am mad at you.
Do not be mad at a US Marine! BOOYAH!

that would be oo-rah. ;)
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I randomly stumbled on this thread through a ToO email, and I'm glad I did. You're doing a great service for our country, Tyler, and may God bless you for that. Blessings on your future! :)

Goodbye! :hello:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

:shock:

Well... As long as you're doing what you're supposed to, I can't object. Just don't forget us, yeah? And take care. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

A word of advice: Don't shoot yourself in the foot...or anywhere else for that matter.

I think it's great that you get to be one of "The few, the proud, the Marines"
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

ek, man, we love you! I kinda sorta wish you weren't leaving, but have fun anyways. \:D/

*Sobs* BYE EK!!!!!!! :cry:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Tyler, I am mad at you.
Ditto.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

It's about time.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah, like EC I saw something about the marines on facebook too and it didn't really sink in until I saw this thread. Whoa, didn't see this coming. Tyler, you're sure to be missed around here, and I want to not only wish you the best in the coming months/years, but to also thank you for all your work here. You've left quite the mark here in the last year or so, and it is appreciated.